Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to handle meeting up with someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

When I first started college I saw this girl which I found quite attractive but as i'm shy we never talked. Anyway after the first week or so I never saw her again and so I thought that was that. Several months later I saw her profile on myspace or something like that and added her and we got chatting and seemed to get on. Anyways I suggested ages ago we meet up, but it never seemed to happen but eventually we've decided a time to meet up during college.

I'm now a bit nervous about how to handle it, we're both shy and I want to make a good impression but I don't want to fall into the "friend only" trap. How do I try to show that I quite like her without scaring her off or going OTT, but at the same time not just becoming a friend only?

Any advice?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Try and be very flirty - eye contact, smiling, slip in a few double entendres (sp?) etc, she should get the message..
  • Options
    Yes, be flirty, but don't act out of your ordinary self either. What attracts most is a guy who is comfortable with himself and confident (though not full of himself :p). If you're shy it can sound difficult to achieve, but bear in mind that at the end of the day it's not you who will be placing yourself into a 'category' (ie just friends/guy I fancy), rather it's she who'll decide that. I don't really know if you have much control on it tbh... one is attracted to the other person or not. Just smile a lot, make eye contact and be attentive to her... and hope for the best. Good luck!