Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dodgy Shoulder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Although I am used to the odd crunchy muscle, something odd has happened with my shoulder and not being used to such things am not quite sure of the best thing to do...

Yesterday evening I started getting a real tightening in my chest which seemed to be made worse if you pressed my shoulder blade. Within about 30 mins my shoulder blade pretty much locked up...

I can't quite explain it but I have quite restricted movement, I can be completely pain free within one movement and agony within another... I can't seem to stretch out at all. It almost feels like a hand has plonked itself down on my shoulder blade and is stopping it moving... if it does move it is to clunk about and I almost have to push it back into position.

I am sure this is nothing serious but as I can't find where the pain is coming from I can't get my husband to massage it out (he has tried).

It is most definately not helped by the air conditioning in the office and I have taken to wearing a scarf to protect my neck.

Any suggestions on how I can relieve this or is it just going to be a case of letting it work itself out?

Comments

• Options
    No ideas really, try and keep it moving and make sure you take frequent breaks and move your arms and shoulders about while you're at work. If you want a painkiller go for ibuprofen as it's also an anti inflammatory.
  • Options
    Thanks! I have picked up some max strength Ibuleve Gel and will give that a go tonight...