Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting my head seen to

My mum is worried that i might have something wrong with me mentally (taken her this long to realise :lol:), so i'm gonna go to my GP or summat and see what they say. What do they usually do? Although i think something isn't quite right, i'm worried that i'll go in normal and come out a complete nutcase or something.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you mean by having something wrong mentally?

They'll probably ask you questions and then refer you somewhere if they think you need it; or give you presciption for something... Or deside to monitor you and ask you to go back for another appointment at some point.

Always annoying going to the docs about mental health issues though because there aren't any physical symtoms (usually) and sometimes not even any out-wardly showing symptoms; which means you're basically having to convince them what's going on in your head... and it can be a bit tricky. Just make sure you're absolutly clear about what you're going to say when you go to see them... maybe even write it down if it helps? :confused:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lacy wrote: »
    My mum is worried that i might have something wrong with me mentally (taken her this long to realise :lol:), so i'm gonna go to my GP or summat and see what they say. What do they usually do? Although i think something isn't quite right, i'm worried that i'll go in normal and come out a complete nutcase or something.

Elaborate...