Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pulling on a night out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone. Well im a male in my twenties and I'm basically having quite a bit of pulling on nights out. Which I would very like to do as you can imagine:) . Im quite a good looking lad, bit on the short side, and I don't have any problem with being introduced to a girl at a party, or a friend of a friend situation. But when it comes to going up to a girl in a club, I bottle it everytime! Even if i can see her looking over. I don't know what to say and i seem to play out the whole situation in my head before i even go over.

Guess what i'm trying to say is can anyone give me some pointers on how to approch a girl in a club??

Comments

• Options
    "Hi, my name's......" usually works. Followed by, who are you out with/what do you do/are you from round here/etc. At that point it's no different from talking to someone who you've been introduced to. If you can't think of anything after that, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.
  • Options
    It's weird how you've got a mental block about pulling in clubs especially? Have you had a bad experience in the past at all?

Just the usual really, smile, make eye contact, go over and ask her if she wants a drink or whatever.
  • Options
    I think it's just harder to introduce yourself to people in any situation, compared to having someone else do it for you.
  • Options
    Yeah just dont think! Walk over and talk to her, if you get stuck for words just say the first thing thats pops into your head. Half the time i end up saying some very random shit and then end up having to explain i got lost for words but i seem to get along with people pretty well :thumb:
  • Options
    So what is the aim? To meet someone special or just to pull in a club to show you can?
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Well im a male in my twenties and I'm basically having quite a bit of pulling on nights out. Which I would very like to do as you can imagine:) . Im quite a good looking lad, bit on the short side, and I don't have any problem with being introduced to a girl at a party, or a friend of a friend situation. But when it comes to going up to a girl in a club, I bottle it everytime! Even if i can see her looking over. I don't know what to say and i seem to play out the whole situation in my head before i even go over.

Guess what i'm trying to say is can anyone give me some pointers on how to approch a girl in a club??

I'm exactly the same, just can't bring myself to do it and I suspect it's all down to my non-existent self confidence but I really don't know how to sort it out but I'm gonna end up dying a lonely guy.
  • Options
    So don't go to clubs. At least, don't go there to pull.
  • Options
    tell her she's gorgeous. within, like, the first three sentences. then offer to buy her a drink straight away afterwards - so you've outlined exactly where the conversation is going AND given her an opportunity to tell you she's taken/otherwise doesn't want to know without being a real bitch.

the same kind of thing always worked on me. then again i love gorgeous guys with that confidence, and it really only works if you've got/can fake the confidence to pull it off :yes:
  • Options
    tell her she's gorgeous. within, like, the first three sentences. then offer to buy her a drink straight away afterwards - so you've outlined exactly where the conversation is going AND given her an opportunity to tell you she's taken/otherwise doesn't want to know without being a real bitch.

the same kind of thing always worked on me. then again i love gorgeous guys with that confidence, and it really only works if you've got/can fake the confidence to pull it off :yes:

if you get that wrong though, a guy will just end up looking slimy though wouldnt he?
  • Options
    yep. you really have to fake the confidence big time, like "i'm stunning, you're stunning, if you let me buy you a drink life will be so much better looking". if you do it and you don't feel that it's going to work, it won't.

hard to explain but yes, if you don't at least pretend to believe in yourself it can backfire hideously. if it works it makes the girl feel irresistable which is always good :)
  • Options

Surely if you did that to every girl you met, wouldn't that make you seem desperate?

:yes:
  • Options

But he's asking for tips on how to pull in a club :confused:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Surely if you did that to every girl you met, wouldn't that make you seem desperate?

No because he would only be doing it to girls he likes the look of.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Get a little pissed, a little courage and just try your luck. If a girl fucks you off don't take it too hard, and just move on.
    You get knocked back but then sometimes you have a result.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Get a little pissed, a little courage and just try your luck. If a girl fucks you off don't take it too hard, and just move on.

:thumb: Good advice.
  • Options
    If you can make a girl laugh, you're halfway there. Sooo... say something funny?!
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

Sage words. It's just a question of confidence really. I guess the law of averages says that if you ask enough girls, then eventually one will agree to perform all manner of unspeakable and deplorable acts on you.
  • Options
    If I notice a girl giving us the eye, I go over an say hey you fancy a dance. Works for me. What better way to state your intentions. Close an personal straight away. Alot of girls dont like the chat up lines and pointless hello, how are you chatter. Dive in the deep end straight off with this technique.
  • Options
    Sage words. It's just a question of confidence really. I guess the law of averages says that if you ask enough girls, then eventually one will agree to perform all manner of unspeakable and deplorable acts on you.

I wholeheartedly endorse this statement. Mind you whenever i've pulled women (two consecutive Fridays now, thats good for me :p) I've not really been thinking about it. Its all chance really...
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly endorse this statement. Mind you whenever i've pulled women (two consecutive Fridays now, thats good for me :p) I've not really been thinking about it. Its all chance really...

Yeah.

British girls are sluts :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

Great innit? :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah.

:hyper:
  • Options
    This thread is so gonna get flamed when some of the girls see this!!

But yeah.. :hyper:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    This thread is so gonna get flamed when some of the girls see this!!

But yeah.. :hyper:

Meh, they're probably all busy thinking about clothes and make-up :D
  • Options

I'd be outraged, but sadly, it's probably true....:p
  • Options

So worth it though. :razz:
  • Options
    tut.

:p
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It's weird how you've got a mental block about pulling in clubs especially? Have you had a bad experience in the past at all?

Just the usual really, smile, make eye contact, go over and ask her if she wants a drink or whatever.

I have pulled in clubs before but it's always the girl that makes the move. Then again i have been cheated on in a club and maybe that's kinda shattered my cofidence a bit. I get into the same line of thinking as ok when i come back from bar then i'l ask her kind of thing. But that never happens.

I find that when i get pissed , i'm slightly better at approaching women. But there's a fine line of having a wee bit of drunken confidence and coming across as a drunken fool.