Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Download Festival

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone going?

I've been to the Leeds festival 4 times (and camped) but my boyfriend has never been to one so I'm not really looking forward to taking him, lol!

I was just wondering if anyone who went last year can tell me what the toilet facilities are like? At Leeds fest there are hugh holes in the ground with planks of wood over in the campsites? Is it the same at the campsites at Download or are they portaloos?

Cheers :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I want to because Evanescence are going to be there. I can't afford it though :( Still, they should be touring around the Download date I think if they are in the country as they are due to.
  • Options
    My boyfriend went to Download last year with his mates, and his mates went the year before as well. They're going this year too.

I can ask him anything you want to know later, but from what I remember him saying, I'm pretty sure there are Portaloos, though don't quote me on this. I seem to remember him saying that they end up in a sickening state though.
  • Options
  • Options
    Right.... this is his description...

"There's basically a row of cages, with doors on them, a toilet seat, and a hole. There's no flush either."
  • Options
    lol, Evanescence

Yeah, going. Such a good lineup this year it's untrue.
  • Options
    I'm going. :hyper:

Put nearly a £1000 on my card buying tickets! Ordered 6 by mistake cos I'm an idiot, but luckily they've all been claimed, so not to worry. :)

Lineup is looking pretty sweet so far... apart from the headliners.
  • Options
    Would love too, cant afford it. Aparently the toliets where a state by Saturday last year though. Hopefully there wont be a riot this year.
  • Options
    Hopefully there wont be a riot this year.

Hopefully there will be. And by riot I mean a genocide of My Chem fans.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be. And by riot I mean a genocide of My Chem fans.

It's ok - emo kids don't put up much of a fight. They're too busy crying about having fallen off their skateboard or getting a paper cut or something.
  • Options
    The toilets are the worst thing you will ever EVER see.:shocking: . Huge like tray of human filth. Whatever you do DO NOT under any circumstances breath when you go in, instant gag reflex. I only took a piss the whole weekend, always try and hold it in when i go to festivals.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I know the loos at festivals are rank, I was just wondering what kind they provide in the campsite.

Can't wait for all three headlining acts, and no, I'm not an 'emo' :p
  • Options
    I'M GOING!!! After hearing that most of my college buddies were going I decided to ask the parents if they'll buy me a ticket for my birthday and they said yes :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Never been before, and am crapping myself.
    I've never been without my hair straighteners and am totally awful at camping. lol.
  • Options
    I've made an executive decision to at least see some decent live music this summer so I'm going to try my best to convince my two best friends to come with me all the way to Hamburg to the Wacken festival; the most metal of metal festivals in the entire world.
  • Options
    I've never been without my hair straighteners and am totally awful at camping. lol.

My mates girlfriend and one of her pals have a four star hotel near it booked :/ Could always just invest in a pair of chordless straightners surely? :p
  • Options
    A bucket of cold water, a bottle of shampoo and some portable straighteners. That'll do me :thumb:
  • Options
    A bucket of cold water, a bottle of shampoo and some portable straighteners. That'll do me :thumb:

I bought portable ones for Leeds a couple of years ago and they were crap. I flogged them on eBay when I got back. Having said that, I've got really frizzy hair so if I wash it nothing but GHDs will get it sleek and glossy.

I wash my hair the morning I leave for the festival and use dry shampoo and tie it back for the rest of the weekend. For me the worst part is not being able to get a lovely hot shower but I make every effort to wash as fully as possible!
  • Options
    Yeah, washing isn't an issue as long as I've got baby wipes on tap lol.
    Oh I hate wearing my hair up, so it's gotta be washed! Aaah.
  • Options
    AND THE LORD SAITH, LET THERE BE HATS

5chars
  • Options
    AND THE LORD SAITH, LET THERE BE HATS

5chars

What exactly does 5chars mean?

Oh, and I look crap in head gear!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    What exactly does 5chars mean?

Oh, and I look crap in head gear!

There's some gay built in feature in the new vBulletin versions that require you to have at least 5 lowercase characters in a reply or it reverts your caps to lowercase, bar the first letter of each word. Tres annoying.

I don't think looking good is ever really an option at festivals anyway :razz:
  • Options
    There's some gay built in feature in the new vBulletin versions that require you to have at least 5 lowercase characters in a reply or it reverts your caps to lowercase, bar the first letter of each word. Tres annoying.

I don't think looking good is ever really an option at festivals anyway :razz:

Ahhh, that explains it.

There are always some people who look immaculate at festivals... usually those with day tickets which is good because so far Download haven't released any. Mwaha!
  • Options
    And the Lord said to all the girls,

Get over it! Everyone else is camping and getting pissed every night. You can deal with going without hair-straighteners/eyelash curlers/3 hours in the bathroom every morning/Herbal Essences etc. etc. etc. It's a festival - everyone else will be looking like death!
  • Options
    Some were born festival goers, others nurtered festival goers. Thus meaning, one has to be given the opportunity to dip their toe in the proverbial pond, as a fledgling festival goer before converting to full on festival goer, without a care in the world.

Until then, this fledgling will worry how awful she looks......