Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feel like shit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an aching neck/back/shoulders, it hurts a bit when I swallow, I have a bit of headache, and I'm really cold (though that might just be because it's cold and I only have a shirt on). Recommend me some drugs that I can get from Tesco.

Comments

• Options
    Paracetamol for the fever (if you are cold when its warm, you have a fever), but get it with codiene, this will help with the aches and pains.

The get some Decacaine, they are throat tablets you have to get over the counter, they have benzocaine in them which will numb your throat and stop it hurting.
  • Options
    Cheers, I'll let you know whether it works.
  • Options
    Nice of them to put "you won't be able to taste your pie" on the side effects list.
  • Options
    Nice of them to put "you won't be able to taste your pie" on the side effects list.

Well if you want to remove the pain then there was going to be a side effect, lack of taste. Really the best thing for throats is a spray version of those tablets, but I've only ever seen it sold in the US.
  • Options
    you can get benzocaine throat spray here.