Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Silly Question....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone

Sorry for doing this, but I need some reassurance. I'm on the pill and take it religiously. I've recently been on a four-day course of antibiotics, and took my pill throughout as you're supposed to. I finished them on thursday and have continued taking my pill. Me and the boy got a bit frisky on sunday morning. We didnt actually have sex, he didn't enter me at all or rub against me (sorry to be graphic!). We were just fooling about with a bit of touching- and now im paranoid. He didnt cum anywhere near me but Im worried about the possibility of there being a problem should there have been anything on his hands when he was touching me.... I'm sure Im being stupid, but any advice other than 'Dont do that again' would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Would you have been worried if you'd done what you did before you went on the pill? I suspect not, and if that's the case then there's no need to worry now. If I were you I'd try not to fret.

On a side note I'm guessing they told you to use extra protection while you were taking the antibiotics and for a week after? What they probably didn't make clear is you need to keep taking the pill through that entire week too, so if you should start your break in that time then you should start the next packet straight away.
  • Options
    You know what, I was hoping you'd reply! They did, of course, advise me to take the pill continuously as always, and run two packs together. I was also told to use additional contraception for 7 days after I'd finished the antibiotics. Im concerned really because Im still in those seven days.
  • Options
    I think I'm flattered by that....

Were you sexually active before you started taking the pill? If you were I'm guessing that you would have done what you did last night without a second thought and without a condom. If it helps at all, (and only if you take this the right way) few antibiotics actually affect the effectiveness of the pill and it only happens in some people BUT because it's not predictable they tell everyone to take the extra precautions.

I wasn't there, you were, but if I were you and my guessing of what happened was right I'd not worry. If YOU are worried (and you're the one who was there) then go talk to someone about getting the morning after pill.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess you're right. I might still call the fpa if I get a moment to myself, just to settle my mind. Thank you though