Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tories - "Saviours of the NHS"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At least according to David Cameron they will be.

Does anyone know what their policies for the NHS are apart from "getting rid of targets" - thus removing all posibility of measuring effectiveness of their policies?

ETA If you read ]this document then you will see their framework. I can take you through point by point if you like, but this doesn't actually hold in it any differences from current Govt policy...

Comments

• Options
    I think they lie. They all lie. :(
  • Options
    Political parties should not run hospitals, all they can do is fund them. It is then up to the hospitals to use the money in an efficient way. Obviously there must be some regulating body in between checking how the money is being used, however such a body should not be attached to any political party.

I do think that, on the whole, the health services has improved under Labour in that waiting lists are shorter. A body like the NHS does best if it stretches its resources the best it can, i.e. they try to treat as many patients as they can.

The majority of patients are the elderly and they are living longer than before, so they do use up quite a lot of the resources.

I do think they need to improve the A&E service and possibly ante-natal too. However my son did get the most wonderful NHS treatment during the first 8 weeks of his life. He was born with AVSD (a hole in the heart) and needed an operation at just 3½ weeks in Great Ormond Street. We were all treated really well at that time.

It's true that MRSA is a problem but really that is not a government issue.
    You can't blame Labour (or Tory) if the hospitals don't maintain the hygiene levels that they should.
  • Options
    I would rather have a rat in charge of a cheese larder, than have the conservatives look after the nhs.

:thumb: