Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

prochlorperazine maleate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone taken these? I got given them to take when I get dizziness but I think their something for migraines?

Comments

• Options
    I had them for a while. They're an anti-sickness and anti-dizziness drug, but they also have other uses (e.g. schizophrenia at high doses).

They worked brilliantly on my general nausea :thumb:
  • Options
    Do you just take them as and when needed? How long do they take to kick in?
  • Options
    Do they help? Cos i'm on betahistine hydrochloride for dizziness at the moment and they're not great, i still feel ever so spaced out :(
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    Do you just take them as and when needed? How long do they take to kick in?

I took a fairly low dose long term, but I think you can take them just as and when.

I seem to remember them getting to work pretty quick, too (within an hour, I think).
  • Options
    Prochlorperazine(Stemitil) is usually 5mgs 3 times a day i think.
    Theyre for a number of things, nausea, dizzyness, vomiting, labrynthitis, vertigo menieres disease etc.
    You can also buy OTC Buccastem which is 3mg of prochlorperazine and is usually for nausea and vomiting associated with migraine.

For schizophrenia its about 150mgs a day

Betahistine is indicated for the symptoms caused by inner ear problems (vetigo,meniere's, tinnitus)
  • Options
    Funny you say a about tinnitus, I do sometimes get quite a loud noise in my ears at random times of the day, could be something to do with the dizziness/vertigo. I will mention this to the doctor the next time I go down there.