Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rash....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used some cheap "body tape" last night to attempt to hold my top up a bit better (it didn't work), but when I finally gave up battling with it and went to take it off, my mate noticed I'd got a huge rash all over me :(

It looks absolutely horrendous today, and my bra is irritating the hell out of it...I'd only had it on for about half an hour, I dread to think what I'd look like if I'd left it on til I got home.

Question is, does anyone have any recommendations of something to help it? I used to have some really good cream for rashes, but I've been so good at avoiding things I'm allergic to, I can't think what it's called anymore.

Second question (even though I'm going to try and look it up on the internet now), what is it that could of caused the reaction? My guess is, I'm probably allergic to something used to make it, but I can't think what would be used in it, or make me react that quickly. I am allergic to penicillin, lanolin and nickel, but I can't picture any of those being used! :)

Comments

• Options
    Lots of adhesives irritate peoples skin, it's usually very hard to pinpoint exactly what it was so the usual answer is to stick to a brand you know is fine for future (which is what lots of people do with sticking plaster).

Antisan (or any own brand bite and sting relief) can be good, or Hc45 which might be the one you are thinking of.
  • Options
    try taking an anti-hystamine if its red/itchy/swollen!
    sudocrem is v good aswell (normally used for nappy rash on babies)
  • Options
    Thanks guys. My mum's given me some cream the pharmacist gave her for a rash when she was last at my nan's, so I've just had to sit and double check whats in it online as it's all written in Spanish :lol:
    stick to a brand you know is fine for future (which is what lots of people do with sticking plaster).

Are you kidding me? I'm never using that bloody stuff again, I'd much rather fall out of my top :lol: Nice idea while it lasted :)