Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Combined Pill - timing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've not missed a pill but took it hours earlier than I usually do at
11am instead of 5-6pm since I was going out on the bevvy for the day and night and didn't want to miss it at all! But then I had sex that night and then took the pill around 1pm the next day and then back to my usual routine the following day.

Should I still be ok as I never missed a pill and took them on the right days but just at a different time than normal.

Comments

• Options
    You should be okay if you havent missed a day. Its advised to take the pill at the same time but the as long as you took it no later then about 12 hours later then normal (I think) then you should be fully covered.
  • Options
    That's where I wasn't sure as I was taking it earlier than normal and not later.
  • Options
    You should be fine :)
  • Options
    The mini pill had a much shorter time span in which to take it for it to be effective (as its just the one hormone). As the combined pill has two hormones in it you have a bit more leeway with timing.
  • Options
    The only potential problem with taking it early is if that then means you end up taking the next one 'late' (ie significantly more than 24 hours after the previous one. As I understand it you did something along these lines: Day 1: 1730, Day 2: 1100, Day3: 1300, Day 4:1730. If that's what you've done then your fine, your biggest gap between pills was 28 ish hours which is well within day (24 hours) plus up to 12 hours late window.