Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

...is she wrong, or am I tottally overeacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so me an me bird called it a day for good the other day. This is how it goes.

My ex before this one got in touch asking us if I wanted to go on a night out with her, as friends. I left a reply on my msn sign in name, saying I doubt it babe (because she wasn't online an I was going out) The girl I've been seeing recently, got wind of this, and blew it completely out of proportion. She pretty much thought I was banging my ex so soon after splitting up. She said I'd upset her. You should'a see the convo, fucking hysterical! This banging my ex theory wasn't true at all! So come to last night, I walk in the club, an her mate well not really a mate, just someone she knew through me, told me about her copping off in here a few days earlier (pre her having a spat with me about my practically non-existent ex) The thing is she went back to his pad. I know who the guy is. And she had the cheek to have a go at us for talking to my ex briefly. Yeah we split up, but the feelings still there an we were gonna have a go at being mates. Its joke she had the face to have a go at us when she did it the night before. I rang her had a go at her about it, so we've been arguing all night an today. We've told each other to get out of each others lives completely.

Now what I want to know is, am I wrong to be angry? She's taken it so lightly, like she can just brush it off an not give a fuck anymore. We split, but I sensed us getting it on again an I know she did, but for her to do this is such an head fuck. The guy is someone I know, he's a mate an all. Im really gonna hurt the guy when I see him today :) I'm livid, feeling sick with anger!

Comments

• Options
    Girls do that mate, act like they dont give a shit to get a reaction out of you.Fucking annoying I know but the best thing you can do is just ignore it all and get on with your life.
    She sounds like a bitch anyway if she went and fucked someone else while she was supposed to be with you.

ETA: Dont bother smacking the guy, just save it and if it still bothers you a couple of months down the line just smash him up one day when he least expects it
  • Options
    pff, you're not in the wrong to be angry. it's just like shitty people to do that. they blame you for something you didn't do while they're doing it behind your back. probably to draw any attention away from what she was doing and to make her feel better about what a skank she is. i say hurt the guy, and forget about ever seeing that bitch again. but that's just me. in reality people are really just too afraid to say what's wrong with the relationship and feel it's easier to go bang somebody else than to talk about things. it's sad really.
  • Options
    :yes: Good advice
  • Options
    Hmm i can see why she did it, to hurt you. But then she was an idiot in the first place to start accusing you without any proper facts.

I'd just move on mate, you don't wanna get with anyone that plays daft games. Just ain't worth the hassle.
  • Options
    Think you're both overreacting - but that's completely normal. You've just come out of a relationship and it'll take time for both of you to get used to the idea of the other one being with someone else.

Funny...I did a similar thing to my ex when we'd split up...when we finished, he gave me the talk about still wanting to be friends, blah-de-blah, which I believed at the time....then about 3 weeks later I heard from a mutual friend that he'd had his ex round to the house (the ex I knew he would meet up with for lunch when he was seeing me), laying out a nice dinner for him, etc....I was convinced he was shagging her, and sent a really angry text to him saying he must have barely even waited until we were over before he was back shagging his ex, etc....he texted back saying he wasn't shagging her, but if he was, it wouldn't be any of my business....

the point is, he was right. It's tough for both of you to take, and it's going to feel a bit weird for a while, but you've broken up and regardless of any expectations either of you have about maybe getting back together, you're both completely free now to do whatever you want with whoever you want, and it's hard, but the sooner you (or she) realises that, the less it's going to hurt.
  • Options
    Did I read this wrong? Were they still together when she went off with this other bloke? Thought he'd said
    Box wrote: »
    The girl I've been seeing recently, got wind of this, and blew it completely out of proportion. She pretty much thought I was banging my ex so soon after splitting up.

Thought this all happened after they split up??:confused:
  • Options
    robably to draw any attention away from what she was doing and to make her feel better about what a skank she is. i say hurt the guy, and forget about ever seeing that bitch again

Thats what I thought. Feel like I'm over-reacting, but at the same time, when we were together, nothing like this ever happened. We never argued and there was trust. The girl who let us know about her copping off, made it bang obvious what she was up to that night. She didnt exactly make it easy listening, I mean there are ways to let you about these sort of things. She ruined the night, as all I could think about was what she told us. Its stuck in my head, feel transfixed with rage. Im just sat here an my hearts pumping crazy.
  • Options
    well, i suggest making yourself as busy as possible for a couple weeks. do away with everything that had to do with her so you won't come upon it and feel angry and dwell on things. that should help out a fair bit. i know it'll be hard. i'm dealing with a breakup as well.
  • Options
    Thats what I thought. Feel like I'm over-reacting, but at the same time, when we were together, nothing like this ever happened. We never argued and there was trust. The girl who let us know about her copping off, made it bang obvious what she was up to that night. She didnt exactly make it easy listening, I mean there are ways to let you about these sort of things. She ruined the night, as all I could think about was what she told us. Its stuck in my head, feel transfixed with rage. Im just sat here an my hearts pumping crazy.

That sounds to me like she did it with the definate intention of you finding out which is pathetically childish.
  • Options
    it wouldn't be any of my business....

thats what she was saying too...
    The girl I've been seeing recently, got wind of this, and blew it completely out of proportion. She pretty much thought I was banging my ex so soon after splitting up.

I split up with her an the day after shes baning someone else. But we were tyrna be mates. She had a go at me -the day after- she copped about my ex an how i've moved on so quickly onto other girls, yet she went an did what she did the night before. I really didn't want to get nasty, but she ended up saying things like, we weren't even together properly, wernt an item etc, an that she didn't even want a relationship. Anything to shoot me down from me finding out what she'd done. There's a side of her that does want all that, but the theres the other side which I think most girls seem to posses, where they only care about themselves and do whatever the fuck they want when they feel like it. Thoughtless. She's not a bitch well she wasn't, she was actually fucking sweet and caring, but shes progressively turned into this ravaging slayer of my sanity. I know I need to move on, but every fucking time this sort of bullshit cheating phenomena seems to come up everytime. I'm a genuine guy and I've only ever cheated once when i was about 16 i'm now 20 years of age. I'm tired of fucking about with loads a different birds, doesn't really appeal to me anymore. I end up getting deep feelings for someone, only for them to lamp me one with shit episodes like this. Its great having someone there for you, an its a feeling hard to live without for some reason. Buts Its so auwfull to loose it completely...
  • Options
    Its great having someone there for you, an its a feeling hard to live without for some reason. Buts Its so auwfull to loose it completely...

For the reason that it's natural to enjoy feeling loved and wanted, and it's sad when you don't. I know, it feels rubbish to have lost it, but (and I know this won't help at all because you're bound to be feeling crap at the moment, but I'll say it anyway)..would you really want to be with her if she thinks it's OK to treat you like this, inside or outside of a relationship? And the great thing is that biology & chemistry are clever buggers....if you decide that you're sick of messing about & want someone genuine who's not into messing about either (and are honest about that with the next girl you get into something with), then the likelihood is that you'll start attracting girls who aren't into messing about too....:yippe:
    There's a side of her that does want all that, but the theres the other side which I think most girls seem to posses, where they only care about themselves and do whatever the fuck they want when they feel like it.

Now I KNOW that's the anger talking! We're not all like that, you know! :angel:
  • Options
    We're not all like that, you know!

I'm beginning to wonder, really, really am :yeees:
    I understand how you feel, every guy gets those feelings sometimes. But clear your head, she was a bitch anyway. Don't go brawling with the other guy, but make him know he stepped over the line, then if he gives any cheek you have an excuse to kick his ass.

i'd say NEXT! and move on.

The guy had the audacity to play a game of football with us yesterday an all :eek2:

Feeling calmer now I've woken up a bit. Helps to occupy your mind, watch a dvd something like that.

Ta guys, its helps to get it out in text. Finding this site a good release an all :hyper:
  • Options
    i know what you mean. it's nice when people help you out. i wish more people would post on my thread with some advice.
  • Options
    I'll rerturn the favour for ya :)
  • Options
    can understand where you're coming from, she is defnately in the wrong, no question about it, i cant ever condone cheating

to be honest it sounds like she is using this "ex" thing as am excuse to end it, and to turn the tables so that you're the bad huy

but calling your ex "babe" is never a good idea when you have a gf :thumb:
  • Options
    Sounds like one of those who emotionally manipulate ya.

She did the dirty, and to keep suspicion away from her she starts accusing you.
  • Options
    I agree, she's reflecting her feeling sof guilt onto you.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    but calling your ex "babe" is never a good idea when you have a gf :thumb:

:yes:
  • Options
    the thing is though she didnt know it was my ex, she just assumed it! Me an my ex are pretty much distant freinds these days. I call my otha gal mates babe an all, is it really that big a deal?
  • Options
    Well, it's not something I would call my friends...
  • Options
    No - I think if I was with a bloke and he called all his female friends babe, I'd feel a bit funny tbh...
  • Options
    I don't think it's an issue you called her babe tbh, my brother calls my girlfriend babe, for example. It's just the way (some) people talk.

You didn't really do anything wrong.

This happened to me and I still blame myself today, she totally screwed me over, then kept having a go at me. I never stopped her going to see this guy even though I knew what was going on, I just expressed my worries about it happening again. Which it did. I think she got into a routine of thinking what she was doing wasn't wrong, but she felt bad, and that must be my fault for being concerned about what she's doing.

Like Lacy said in another thread - when she's cheating on her bf she doesn't care because it feels too good. Then when it comes to it the bad feelings are inside and they just throw them out at you.
  • Options
    Well, it's not something I would call my friends...

Must be a southern thing :lol:
  • Options
    er, I think 'babe' is completely harmless.
  • Options
    So i went in the club tonight, she kissed me a few times, passionatley, the other guy was tryna get with herr all night. I saw him early on in the day. I feel i was man enough to talk to the guy. Toniight it was so hard to see he go home in a taxi on her own. My god this horrible. Ive really lost something special.
  • Options
    I've just found out shes still seeing him. Afterall that shit about not wanting a relationship with anyone, shes there starting another one right in fornt of me. I had to find out by myself, shes there sat with him in the bar holding hands. Its like everyones trying to keep it all from me. Shes involved with all my mates now so shes still around the place. Theyre all saying I should move on, an its like im the one in the wrong for feeling this way. The guys shes copping off with is a guy i considered a mate, is it not right for me get angry an see shes moving on with him after all that no relationship business with me? I have to go around now expecting to see her an him together. Shes turned a few of my mates against obvious logic and theres nothing I can do.

I feel rancid...
  • Options
    in what way has she turned your mates against obvious logic?

your mates are right, you DO have to move on and if you insist on going that same bar then you WLL have to expect to see her with him

it may be hard, but unfortunately, its life, and i'm afraid ya mates are right, easier said than done, maybe, but there's nothing else to do in all honesty

good luck with it all :)
  • Options
    in what way has she turned your mates against obvious logic?

You dont get off with your mates ex, the dayafter he's split with her. Its like its all fine an dandy with everyone, but I've been stabbed in the back. Shes moved on from me feeding lies as to the reason why, she doesnt want a relationship with anyone, yet the day after shes in there with him.

Everyones seems blind to the piss take! I wouldnt mind if it wasnt someone I knew, but so close to home and right there rubbing my face in it everyday.

its killer...
  • Options
    i dont think they are blind to the fact, it just seems to me like they wanna keep out if it

it has nothing to do with them and they shouldnt feel as though they have to choose between you and him

it IS a horrible situation, but there's nothing your mates can do about it, them ignoring him wont change anything, he'll still be with her and you'll still have to watch

i feel for you i really do, but give it time, enjoy yaself with ya mates, let her see that your life aint gonna stop because she's a hussy :)
  • Options
    I feel sick because of it all. Just consumes me. I cant seem to get over the bullshitl!