Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-aging eye cream - which one?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lately I have noticed the area around my eyes in starting to look more and more aged, I have never really used an eye cream before, but I now think the time has arrived where I should be encorporating something into my skincare regime to keep the wrinkles at bay. Has any one got any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    I use Clinique Sensitive Eye Anti Aging Serum. It feels so nice, and I have noticed a difference.

But in a cheaper range, my friends swear by that new Garnier Nutriesse eyecare stuff....
  • Options
    I personally don't believe in anti-ageing products, because we all age and no amount of chemicals is going to stop it.

But, I do believe that keeping the skin in tip top condition from an early age will slow the ageing process down slightly.

I would recommend Clarins. Their products are of a very high quality and hold a strong position on anti-animal testing.

Any eye cream will do really, and it's up to you what type you go for; creams, gels etc. Obviously though, a cream is much heavier than a gel and probably more effective.
  • Options

I would recommend Clarins. hold a strong position on anti-animal testing.

I didnt know that
  • Options
    Yep, my Makeup Artist of a Tutor told me that! I didn't know either!
  • Options
    I tried a Nivea one yesterday. Felt like i'd been punched in the eyes :(
  • Options
    If you seriously want to have gorgeous skin i would recommend the la mer stuff, its expensive as hell...but fuck it makes a difference. I use their stuff and my skin is soooo much better than it ever used to be. You can get the eye balm, but i just dab the moisturiser under my eyes and that works fine.

But you need to be able to justify spending that much on skin care.
  • Options
    I use the dual one from Avon, it's both gel and cream, gel for your upper eye lid and cream for the underneath. It was £15 so I thought since it wasn't too expensive I would just give it a go and its really very good.
  • Options
    I don't reckon it makes a hell of a lot of difference which one you use as long as you use something. I use a cucumber gel from Boots in the morning and an evening primrose one from superdrug at night. Both cost about £3 or less and I've yet to suffer a wrinkle or any crepeyness... and I'm pushing 40. (Although I also put that down partly to genetics and staying out of the sun.)

In fact I remember reading about a study that was done where they came to the conclusion that it didn't really make a difference if you use expensive skincare or cheaper products as long as you use something, because I remember thinking that it confirmed what I had always suspected. I'll see if I can find it.

Here.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_5877.aspx
  • Options
    they mention olay regenerist on that. That was pretty good when I had some, but tbh, I generally use lush moisturiser or body shop vitamin E cream and dont use a seperate eye cream and I dont have any fine lines (im 30)
  • Options
    they mention olay regenerist on that. That was pretty good when I had some, but tbh, I generally use lush moisturiser or body shop vitamin E cream and dont use a seperate eye cream and I dont have any fine lines (im 30)

In truth I don't think the formulation of most eye creams and face creams is really very different. Apparently the main difference between the regenerist face and regenerist eye creams is that the eye cream contains mica which reflects light, but obviously the effect of that is purely cosmetic, it doesn't make any actual difference to your skin.
  • Options
    Im no beauty therapist, but im sure that naturally dry skin ages more than naturally moist or oily skin, so i think as long as you keep your skin moist and supple then your doing all you can.

Oh and always use sunscreen :thumb: