Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wheeee

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
During my driving lesson I clipped someone's wing mirror for the very first time. Well, I think they clipped MINE but apparently I clipped theirs according to my instructor. Pfftttttt. Anyway it was fun :)

So while driving, what was your first 'accident' or mishap?

No one say that they killed someone please! I dont wanna knooooow

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think it was when someone else did something stupid and unexpected in an avenue, and I didn't know how to react so I lost it and just stopped. Thankfully no one crashed into us. :o

Actually this was in a pretty advanced lesson, but I don't remember another.

Some other time, I almost crashed into a truck but that wasn't really my fault; one, I was coming from the right and had priority, and two it was obvious I was learning from the big sign on top of the car. The truck driver didn't stop and even had the audacity to tell me and my teacher that he had priority. :mad:
  • Options
    No accidents yet touch wood, or mishaps really.

I failed my first test though cos I stalled going up a hill.

The reason I stalled was because I wasnt paying attention cos I was looking at a womans boots who was walking up the hill :blush:
  • Options
    second lesson I think it was, moved slightly too far to the edge of the road, which was muddy and wet...
    wheel skidded, I over compensated and swerved over to the middle of the road - good thing there was no one coming the other way!

a good friend of mine on the other hand, ran over a fox on his first lesson! poor guy... he still cant drive 3 or 4 years later :lol:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    a good friend of mine on the other hand, ran over a fox on his first lesson! poor guy... he still cant drive 3 or 4 years later :lol:

Poor sod!

I think it was my dad who ran over his then next door neighbour's cat... Someone I work with, once nearly ran over a frog on her way to work.:eek2:
  • Options
    I hit a cars wingmirror when I was learning, wasn't sure of the damage cos we drove away pretty sharpish!

I drove into a pillar in a multistory a few weeks ago, but didn't hit it that hard!!
  • Options
    Not while i was learning but about 2 days after i passed my test... i took my mum's car out and accidentally drove it into a post while i was trying to park. Oops.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    During my driving lesson I clipped someone's wing mirror for the very first time. Well, I think they clipped MINE but apparently I clipped theirs according to my instructor. Pfftttttt. Anyway it was fun :)

Fun?

Presumably you didn't permanently damage their car. I wouldn't find that much fun.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Fun?

Presumably you didn't permanently damage their car. I wouldn't find that much fun.

My driving lesson was generally fun and it felt a bit better getting a common accident like that out of the way.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rachael wrote: »
    My driving lesson was generally fun and it felt a bit better getting a common accident like that out of the way.
    Ooh that reminds me of something my instructor told me once...

I was always going too slow because I was afraid of crashing. So I told him that and he said "Do you think you'll never crash in your life, when you drive? Go ahead and crash now, you'll know what to expect and I'll be the one to pay for it." :D
  • Options
    about 6 months after i passed, was speeding through the country lanes on my way to college - i was late as usual, but no excuse tutut.

Took a bend too fast in icey conditions ended up spinning 360 degrees just about staying on the road, then casually drove on, cheers! I dont think the pedestrains were too impressed though
  • Options
    didn't think stalling was a matter of failure or was it cos you were going up a hill?
    Technically you arent in control of the vehicle if you stall. Even though I was.
  • Options
    First proper accident i had i reversed into someones car, smashed their lights and drove off :D

Naughty me.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    As a legal driver my first accident was in my old dear Cav Sri. Came over a hill on a country road not far from me and went into the back of a stupid bitch who's decided to park up just over the brow.
    It was 60 limit, I was doing 60 when I started breaking, and was doing about 30 when I hit.
    Old bill turned up and said although I was withing the limit it was my fault for going too fast for what I could see of the road. Fair enough.
    Only time my insurance has ever had to pay out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    This is making me nervous - i have my first lesson tomorrow. :nervous:
  • Options
    On my area's test route there's a dead narrow bridge and only one car can go through at a time. On a lesson I turned into it but didn't stay in the middle and ended up scratching the instructors wing mirror aaaaaaaaaaaall the way through the bridge :lol::o
  • Options
    on the last lesson before my first test i got so nervous pulling up to a junction that i pressed the excellorator rather than the break and shot out of the junction, narowly missing a jeep.

I failed that time!
  • Options
    mine was a wing mirror and i was a learner and someone twatted mine and the glass flew out. bitch.
  • Options
    I was a good driver until that one day... about 3 months after I got my license. I was picking up my sister and her friend from school and the road curved but I didn't so I hit a fire hydrant, my sister (who stupidly) wasn't wearing her seatbelt (and I still give her shit for that) flew to the front and hit her head on the rearview mirror and then thru the windshield (but she did get a nose job from the insurance money [she had nothing wron with her nose from the accident, just a personal choice] and a large chunk of money out of it when she turned 18, lucky bitch) and I totaled the car. (I know, total a car on a fire hydrant?)

It has only gone downhill since then.