Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to wear to a book launch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have any ideas? I've been invited to a book launch at one of Swansea's top notch 5 star hotels soon and I've got no idea what to wear! Is it usually a black tie affair, a smart suit or what?

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have any ideas? I've been invited to a book launch at one of Swansea's top notch 5 star hotels soon and I've got no idea what to wear! Is it usually a black tie affair, a smart suit or what?

i doubt black tie - is it a night do?, i'd imagine a suit would be ok.
  • Options
    It depends what the invite says- if it says black tie or white tie then that's what it is, if no dress code is there at all then I'd say wear a smart jacket and trousers but wear them quite casually without a tie.
  • Options
    if its a daytime thing then smart/stylish, trousers, nice shirt and a jacket.

If its an evening thing go a bit more formal maybe a tie, but as kermit said check the invite...maybe it has a dress code on it ;)
  • Options
    Cheers all, it's an evening show (starts at 6) and I haven't had the paper invite yet, I was speaking to the author today and she asked me along. I was too surprised to ask what the dresscode is to be. Hopefully I'll get the invite this week.
  • Options
    I reckon the author would have mentioned it if it was penguin gear.