Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ideas for places to eat when vegetarian???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
where are nice places to eat if your a vegetarian???
Simple question you may think, but here's the catch: no pasta or quorn type stuff!!!
its not for me, its for a mate who whenever we go out for tea she always has chips or a side salad - which we feel abit bad about since we all order full meals!
HELP ME
L+C

Comments

• Options
    Where abouts do you live?
  • Options
    near manchester
  • Options
    Wagamamas?
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought it would be THAT hard to eat out and be vegetarian and eat no pasta or quorn.I@ve given up meat for lent and the idea of quorn is a bit odd to me so i haven't eat any fo it, and i've been out for several pub lunches, and had no problem finding things to eat, and i haven't eaten any pasta.

chinese and indian is very good for vegetarian food too.
  • Options
    maybe your mate uses being vegetarian as an excise not to eat... im a vegetarian and i always have good meals everywhere i go even nandos :D good old vege burgers haha
    well u cud just cool for your friend :d
  • Options
    8th Day on Oxford Road and there's another vegetarian restaurant in the city centre...near the printworks I think.

Nando's vegie wraps are nice. You could always go for a curry. As has been said wagamamas would be nice.
  • Options
    H-face wrote: »

chinese and indian is very good for vegetarian food too.

Yeah i agree, also pizza places, to be honest most places have some sort of veggie options, your friend must be really picky!
  • Options
    Local garden centre?
  • Options
    I'm vegetarian and I find it easy to find places to eat. Pretty much all pubs and resteraunts do at least one or two vegetarian options.

The only place I've had trouble with is hard rock cafe. Pretty much everything had meat in, even the macaroni cheese came with chicken (although you could ask for it without but then you're paying still paying for it and its expensive). I had a veggie burger and it was a really crappy fake meat one. Rubbish
  • Options
    We have a wonderful restaurant called the Riverside Vegetaria which is probably some of the most incredible food I've ever eaten. Check the menu on the link.

I get annoyed at pubs. I am sick of the fact that they offer a salad with the chicken taken out, or quornburgers... I mean have some imagination.

Indian restaurants are normally good for veggie food.
  • Options
    veggie curries are great.