Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fake Tea- I need a caffeine hit!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been told for health reasons that I have to cut out caffeine from my diet. So thats no tea, coffee or chocolate. Im on day one and I really miss my caffeine! Is there anything else I can drink to wake me up? Decaffeinated tea is horrible, I need something that works :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Apparently an apple is more effective at making you more alert and awake in the morning than a cup of coffee is.

I find coffee/tea etc... has minimal effect on me anyway, find i feel more awake and refreshed drinking water
  • Options
    I did try an apple this morning in place of my usual 4 cups of tea but I cant say it helped much. I drink water throughout the day and it's ok... but I really need something to give me a kick.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    but I really need something to give me a kick.

I'm sure one of these guys could suggest something http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91 :p

Nah i'm sure you'll feel much more lively in a day or two when you get used to having none of it in your system, and have been able to get a better, deeper nights sleep due to cutting out the coffee
  • Options
    could try guaranna (however it's spelt) instead. comes in tablet form in health food shops, it's like natural cafeine or something... not sure if you're allowed though!

as for tea replacement, drink green tea instead. twinings green tea with jasmin is loverly :)
  • Options
    Guarana is a form of caffeine.

I think that if you'd like something that tastes like tea, Red Bush doesn't have any caffeine. :) It tastes good too.