Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

getting rid of weed smell tips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At uni everythings fine obviously but when I go home we end up having to smoke in some random places outside and its just a bit shit when its cold cos you end up focusing on that instead...

we smoked in my room once and it stunk for like 4 days afterwards (smoked by the window and everything), my mum blatently knew we had been smoking but didnt wanta say anything... anyway, what do people that smoke at home generally do to get rid of the smell pretty fast? i guess febreeze or air freshner is always an option but I think my mum would suspect something again with that.

any help? :D

Comments

• Options
    dont smoke it in my house. build a bonfire and smoke there :D seriously though I know what you mean the smell is potent.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    At uni everythings fine obviously but when I go home we end up having to smoke in some random places outside and its just a bit shit when its cold cos you end up focusing on that instead...

we smoked in my room once and it stunk for like 4 days afterwards (smoked by the window and everything), my mum blatently knew we had been smoking but didnt wanta say anything... anyway, what do people that smoke at home generally do to get rid of the smell pretty fast? i guess febreeze or air freshner is always an option but I think my mum would suspect something again with that.

any help? :D

Haha thats exactly the same thing that happened to me. Smoked near the window an all that. Its mad, I'm finding people on here who do experience the same things I do. You have to smoke outside otherwise its so obvious. Id change clothes an all. Brush your teeth...
  • Options
    What you can do is stuff a kitchen roll tube with tumble dryer freshener sheets, then exhale through that, which will absorb most of the smell from the smoke. Smoking next to an open window helps too.
  • Options
    Flavoured blunts?

They still smell well dodgy, but slightly less like weed...

Personally they make me feel sick when I smell someone smoking them but my mate loves them.
  • Options
    I used to get incense sticks from Wilkinson (£1.99 for about 100) They worked a treat, just let one of them burn and you wouldnt know someone had been smoking.

If found using anything like Febreeze or deodrant works for 5 minutes and thats all.

Incense sticks work a treat, give it a try :thumb:
  • Options
    COMPLETELY off topic but I would kill for it to be summertime so I get soned in the park. I had a cheeky joint at work the other day with my mate and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it took me back to those summer nights.

That exhaling through the kitchen roll tube is a good idea...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Flavoured blunts?

They still smell well dodgy, but slightly less like weed...

Personally they make me feel sick when I smell someone smoking them but my mate loves them.

I love them! Espescially the Sour Apple flavour...oh my god! I just wanna eat the skin when I'm licking it.

If you smoke if your room in the morning (say 11am/12) and your parents aren't back til say 5pm, and you leave your bedroom window open all day and keep the door shut with a rug at the bottom, AND spray loads of febreeze or something then the smell will have gone when they come back. I've done that before and it's been fine. If they're in the house when you do it then they'll always notice. lol
    I just smoke in my garden or in my mates garage.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    COMPLETELY off topic but I would kill for it to be summertime so I get soned in the park. I had a cheeky joint at work the other day with my mate and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it took me back to those summer nights.

Ahh I know what you mean! We used to sit in the field with a rug, a BBQ, a football, a CD player and a fat bag of Weed in the summer. Good times, good times.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ahh I know what you mean! We used to sit in the field with a rug, a BBQ, a football, a CD player and a fat bag of Weed in the summer. Good times, good times.

YEAH, totally. Disposable BBQ from Sainsburys and that. 2 for a fiver bottles of Strongbow....classic days!

Makes me sad I'm leaving it this summer! Hey ho, the full moon parties in Thailand'll be better I imagine. ;)
  • Options
    YEAH, totally. Disposable BBQ from Sainsburys and that. 2 for a fiver bottles of Strongbow....classic days!

Makes me sad I'm leaving it this summer! Hey ho, the full moon parties in Thailand'll be better I imagine. ;)

Haha, yeah and the millions of burgers you can get for like 50p! Oh yeah I forgot about the Strongbow and crates of beer!

I'm going travelling in Thailand next year! Those full moon parties sound insane! I also want to visit some of the hill tribes in the North and try a bit of the old Opium!
    Be careful of the taxi drivers out there though, I've heard they sell you drugs, drop you off at your hotel and then dob you in to the Thai Police to get a fatty reward! Cunts!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Haha, yeah and the millions of burgers you can get for like 50p! Oh yeah I forgot about the Strongbow and crates of beer!

I'm going travelling in Thailand next year! Those full moon parties sound insane! I also want to visit some of the hill tribes in the North and try a bit of the old Opium!
    Be careful of the taxi drivers out there though, I've heard they sell you drugs, drop you off at your hotel and then dob you in to the Thai Police to get a fatty reward! Cunts!

I know, my mate who was there for 6 months was telling me that everyone's heavy dodgy there, and you need to watch your back lots. But it totally excites me, I love wandering around places I don't know. I've done it loads when I was on holiday in Greece, Paris and London there, ha!

I'm going to STA Travel on Saturday with him to get prices and that. I can't wait! But the full moon parties sound absolutely mental, A MUST! Haha, and Opium you saaaaay...he never mentioned that. Maybe that was just TOO mental for him, but that's odd as he's one of the biggest pillheads and that I know. :razz:

See my mate says the best way he did it was just to get a ticket to Bangkok, and then just get a bus into town and make your way around wherever the hell you wanna go. That SO appeals to me.
  • Options

See my mate says the best way he did it was just to get a ticket to Bangkok, and then just get a bus into town and make your way around wherever the hell you wanna go. That SO appeals to me.

How long you going there for?
    I was thinking of going to Phuket for a few weeks because it looks so beautiful, even if it is touristy, then going to Bangkok and then going up north to (I can't remember the name of the place) to go Elephant treking and to visit some Hill tribes. I might be going by myself if my mate can't afford it, so I hope I manage to find one of these full moon parties! They do sound fucking sic though.
    Opium isn't legal but the government allow the hill tribes to smoke it because they've been doing it for years and years. Heavy punishments over there if you get caught though, the death sentance is still in use.
    Apparantly you can get executed for treading on a coin in public because in Thailand your foot is seen as the lowest and worse part of the body and the coin has a pic of their King on it...so it's like you're saying "fuck you" to the King. Lol
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    How long you going there for?

About 2 months at least..but I don't want to put a time down cause anything could happen over there with the plans I have ahead! Ha.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I might be going by myself if my mate can't afford it, so I hope I manage to find one of these full moon parties! They do sound fucking sic though.

I would go yourself, there's a shitload of other folk travelling around with you and you don't need to be yourself with your mate to be in a familiar situation. It's a DIFFERENT culture/part of the world and that. Fuck being westernised. I'm gonna do a shitload of self discovery. This is gonna be a heavy milestone in my life. I can't wait, literally CAN'T wait. :hyper: And there's a full moon party all the time in Koh Phan Jang I think it is? Fuck my spelling, but it's the ubiqitous part of Southern Thailand, ha.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Opium isn't legal but the government allow the hill tribes to smoke it because they've been doing it for years and years. Heavy punishments over there if you get caught though, the death sentance is still in use.
    Apparantly you can get executed for treading on a coin in public because in Thailand your foot is seen as the lowest and worse part of the body and the coin has a pic of their King on it...so it's like you're saying "fuck you" to the King. Lol

Seriously, my mate never told me ANY of this, haha. ARGH. Will be having words!!! He's just text me saying he's got a credit card through and is gonny go to the West Indies for the Cricket finals. He really is that impetuous. I told him to come with me to STA Travel on Saturday then he can fuck off to any continent thereafter. He then called me charming. :lol:
  • Options

I would go yourself, there's a shitload of other folk travelling around with you and you don't need to be yourself with your mate to be in a familiar situation. It's a DIFFERENT culture/part of the world and that. Fuck being westernised. I'm gonna do a shitload of self discovery. This is gonna be a heavy milestone in my life. I can't wait, literally CAN'T wait. :hyper: And there's a full moon party all the time in Koh Phan Jang I think it is? Fuck my spelling, but it's the ubiqitous part of Southern Thailand, ha.

Yeah good point actually, I was kinda hoping to go by myself, even if I am a little nervous about it. That way you do what you want to, when you want to. Everything that happens is your call, no shared decisions.
  • Options
    If you are going to be buying and using drugs in Thailand be incredibly careful, dealers will sell you to the Police to cover their own ass and the jails and the Police there are not nice.

Do NOT expect it to be like Europe.
  • Options
    Just do what I did. Say "Mum, Dad, this is a bong. It's used for smoking weed. I'll be in my room getting very, very high."
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Do keep in mind too that by allowing you to smoke in the house, your parents are technically breaking the law themselves.
  • Options
    i spose last comment was directed at rise&shine (seeing as mine isnt exactly allowed!)..

some decent tips given ty :)

the random offtopic convo by 1983 does actually bring about the fact its summer and smoking outside will be all go :D:D + 1st reading festival where im gona be getting stoned, cant wait :hyper:

think i ll try the incense idea for now, cba smoking through a tube or different flavours!
  • Options
    Just ask your parents will they let you.

You're an adult now, covering up smokey smells and disguising hazy eyes sound like things a 14yr old does.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    think i ll try the incense idea for now, cba smoking through a tube or different flavours!

It works a treat for me, as i hate the smell of weed.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Just ask your parents will they let you.

You're an adult now, covering up smokey smells and disguising hazy eyes sound like things a 14yr old does.

nah... im not one for doing certain things just because im a certain age lol.

i would rather not have my mum KNOW i smoke it (last time i told her 1 of my friends was smoking in my room), i know what you mean though... might seem childish to you but its a hastle i could do without, she doesnt have the same attitude to drugs as younger people.
  • Options
    I would highly recommend Orange Chronic Air Freshener - it will blitz the weed smell in a spray or two no matter how much you been smoking and you get a really strong but nice orange smell in the room.

Or get an ionizer air filter, some people use these when growing a small crop and helps to kill the smell. Failing that, try a carbon filter, will work a treat :lol:

Smoking anything in the bedroom is nasty anyway :)
  • Options
    Getting the smell of weed off your hands - rub conifers in your hands.
    Getting it out of your room - spray your curtains or blind with deodorant. It's usually those that stink when you've been smoking out of your window, not the rest of the room. If you're feeling extremely paranoid, spray the bed covers :p
  • Options
    simple

ok heres what i just did, it works, in closet, with a vap, and once done, sum axe, oh, i also used this sweet thing my frien thought up - it uses dryersheets to clean ur exhaled breath. another solution is open window, breath out through the windo and keep the device near, but have a portable fan behind you faceing out the window, blows alll the smoke out there. works perfectly me n a buddy do this all the time so his parents dont smell it. but thats all i have to say, cuz every oneneeds to know:thumb: :p:o :cool: :lol: :razz:
  • Options
    Ozium FTMFW! :thumb: