Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Break up Cliches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is what they really mean...

Its not you, its me that Im going to end up killing if I dont get out of this relationship, which also proves my point, that Im not selfish. Just because I paid no attention to your incessant whinging didn?t make me selfish, just intelligent enough to know that whatever I said in reply would only be met with another volley of abuse!

Im gay In the old sense of the word, merry, gleeful, happy or indeed ecstatic that I dont have to wake up next to your smudged face each and every morning.

Weve just drifted apart due to the extra stones youve been piling on ever since we started going out, if we keep going out we?ll be another 6inches apart by the end of the year.

Can't be bothered to think of any more! i'm sure you can all do better anyway!

So what cliches have you used which you should of extended upon the meaning to give the true reason!?

Comments

• Options
    I just don't want to be tied down at this point in my life. I'd rather be tied up and spanked by strangers.
  • Options
    Let's just be friends so that you still think you might have a chance, and I can get a new partner before you/so if the grass isn't greener, I've got something to fall back on.
  • Options
    :lol:
    I've definitely used the "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" one. It just means I don't fancy you!
    "Lets just be friends" -thats the last one I used. It means I'm not really sure if I fancy you but I kind of do so lets be friends and I'll keep you on the backburner incase I need a shag. It totally backfired on me! :( Coz I'd dumped him once already before. I should have made it clearer I might need him for sex... He's ignoring me now :(
  • Options
    Let's just be friends so that you still think you might have a chance, and I can get a new partner before you/so if the grass isn't greener, I've got something to fall back on.

:yes:

Plus:

I'm just far too confused right now... because I've got to choose between you, all the way back home, and the slag that I've been banging at Uni while you've been blissfully unaware.

I'd love for us to stay close in the future... so, you know, I can get a booty call everytime I'm back home.

Don't be upset.... because I'm sure as hell not.

(Sorry. Half joking, half ranting, my best mates boyfriend reeled all those down the phone to her last night, knowing full well I know what he's been up to :mad: )
  • Options
    I don't love you anymore

I don't know what it means, but it hurts, and in every case where it has been used on me, apparently they still did love me! My advice: 99.99% of the time, girls (perhaps guys too) can't tell the truth and will just spin you shit.

Last time I broke up with someone, it was a simple 'We can be together anymore', and we both knew the reasons why.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :yes:

I'm just far too confused right now... because I've got to choose between you, all the way back home, and the slag that I've been banging at Uni while you've been blissfully unaware.

:lol::lol: Lovin' that one
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I don't love you anymore

I don't know what it means, but it hurts, and in every case where it has been used on me, apparently they still did love me! My advice: 99.99% of the time, girls (perhaps guys too) can't tell the truth and will just spin you shit.

Last time I broke up with someone, it was a simple 'We can be together anymore', and we both knew the reasons why.

I think it usually means "I still love you, but I'm not in love with you" which roughly translated means "I'm not attracted to you any more, even though I still care about you."