Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lee Trundle's First Yellow Card

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What did he do wrong yesterday to receive his first yellow card?:confused: All he seemed to do was celebrate his goal, but didn't run off the pitch into the crowd...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's cos he's a fat jack cunt. :yes:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    It's cos he's a fat jack cunt. :yes:

Actually he is a fat scouse cunt... ;)
  • Options
    I thought You ment ever!! haha
  • Options
    I really like Lee Trundle- anyone who makes the racist sheep-shagging filth at Cardiff get so angry deserves a knighthood in my book.

Like with a lot of decisions in this country, the ref will have been told to do it from on high. The more lower-league football I see the more I believe that corruption is rife, just as in Germany- even pub referees can't be so consistently incompetent.
  • Options
    Bad decision, as was the second IMHO.

You can't balme anyone but the referee for this decision because he hasn't interpreted the rule (or guidance) very well at all.
  • Options
    And the referee should be personally liable for Trundle's wages whilst he is suspended.

If we start punishing incompetent referees where it hurts- in the pocket- then maybe, just maybe, the standard of refereeing might crawl out of the gutter.

I actually think its corruption rather than incompetence, as nobody can be so incompetent, but there's no way I could prove it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

If we start punishing incompetent referees where it hurts- in the pocket- then maybe, just maybe, the standard of refereeing might crawl out of the gutter.

No it won't, because the referees will be even more scared to give the big decisions which they need to give. If you start charging referees for unfair dismissal of players then they'll just avoid giving out red cards which may be justified.

It will just make referees avoid giving decisions which may be controversial. For example it will be easier to not give a penalty rather than give one because of the associated controversy. It's easier to book a player when in reality they deserved a red. It's easier to give a marginal offside in favour of defenders when in reality the strikers should get the benefit of the doubt. Referees already do these things, and by charging them you'd only be accenuating the problem.
  • Options
    And the referee should be personally liable for Trundle's wages whilst he is suspended.

I actually think its corruption rather than incompetence, as nobody can be so incompetent, but there's no way I could prove it.

You should see the standard of refereeing in Scotland, it stinks to high heaven.

I read somewhere the other day that it's been over a year since Celtic have had a penalty given against them.
  • Options
    Referees are allowed to be a law unto themselves, though, and have been for far too long. A couple of years ago out striker dean Windass was sent off for "foul and abusive language"- this was after the referee called him a fat useless cunt for 89 minutes and then started going on about how great it was that the opposing team had beaten us 4-0. Windass got a three-match ban, the referee got a pat on the back.

The FA don't have the balls to punish referees properly, and it is high time that changed. If a referee cocks up an important decision then he should forfeit his match fee; if he makes serious errors more than twice in a season he should be given his P45.
  • Options
    You should see the standard of refereeing in Scotland, it stinks to high heaven.

I read somewhere the other day that it's been over a year since Celtic have had a penalty given against them.

I hope to fuck you're not on about Pineapple head on Saturday. Sent off twice, once for calling the ref racist for sending him off the first time :lol:

Agree with you though. It's far easier just to avoid the hassle and just give the Tims and the Huns everything.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I hope to fuck you're not on about Pineapple head on Saturday. Sent off twice, once for calling the ref racist for sending him off the first time :lol:

Agree with you though. It's far easier just to avoid the hassle and just give the Tims and the Huns everything.

I thought Kingstons second yellow was a bit harsh, but he's a fucking idiot for coming out and calling the ref racist.

The Old Firm get every fucking decision going though. There's a definate bias IMO, and I've worked it out to this equation:

ALL referees are football fans
    MOST football fans in Scotland are Old Firm supporters
    Therefore most referees in Scotland are Old Firm fans.

Remember early last saeson, we were playing Celtic at home, and had a two goal lead. McGeady dived like a fucking bitch which resulted in Fyssas getting sent off. Celtic came back to win 3-2.

And again last season against Celtic at CP, where they beat us 1-0 from a John Hartson goal. Bobo Balde pretty much rugy tackled Bednar in the box when he was clean through on goal. What happened? Celtic got a fucking free kick.

This season against the Tims at Tynie, where we beat them 2-1. Bednar had a perfectly good goal chopped offside when it was 1-1. Thankfully that fat ginger cunt Lennon fluffed a back pass and Bednar scored again.
  • Options

But if that were true then they'd be getting just as many decisions against them from referees who support their respective Old Firm rival. :chin:
  • Options
    The Old Firm get every fucking decision going though. There's a definate bias IMO, and I've worked it out to this equation:

Too right mate.

I've just heard we've got Mike McCurry for Ibrox on Saturday, the biggest and most blatant Rangers supporting cunt of a ref you'll ever see, which effectively means we're two goals down already. I've a dead rat and four first class stamps ready and waiting in anticipation :D
  • Options
    Referees are allowed to be a law unto themselves, though, and have been for far too long. A couple of years ago out striker dean Windass was sent off for "foul and abusive language"- this was after the referee called him a fat useless cunt for 89 minutes and then started going on about how great it was that the opposing team had beaten us 4-0. Windass got a three-match ban, the referee got a pat on the back.

What the hell? Let me guess - nothing happened to the ref?
    The FA don't have the balls to punish referees properly, and it is high time that changed. If a referee cocks up an important decision then he should forfeit his match fee; if he makes serious errors more than twice in a season he should be given his P45.

Indeed.

Are players not allowed to celebrate goals at all now?
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    But if that were true then they'd be getting just as many decisions against them from referees who support their respective Old Firm rival. :chin:

Aye, look at Celtic's treatment over the last decade at the hands of the fantastic High Dallas.

The more football I see the more I believe that most referees are corrupt and/or biased. I really don't believe the scandals in Germany and Italy are isolated, and I think there are a lot of English (and Scottish) referees who are on the make.