Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does any one else having crippling fear about life?

I have no trouble with nights out, chatting up girls, doing anything as such. But sometimes something will happen that cripples me with fear. Like if i over hear my dad raise his voice about anything i get a sudden panic in me. Or if the realisation i can no longer get by and Must find a new job and apply for it happens, i litterally can not bring myself to stop panicking, even though arguments and getting a new job are everyday things, i just have trouble dealing with them and get afraid, even if im not in anyway involved in the argument, i just overhear it.

Any thoughts on this? Ever happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there,

I understand that it must be difficult for you to deal with the feelings you've had. Feelings of fear can be hard to handle, and it may help to know that everyone feels anxious some of the time, especially when stressful things are happening, e.g. at work or college. Sometimes there is no obvious reason for feelings of fear, so it can be hard to know what's causing it. I would suggest you to talk about your feelings with your family or some close friends. If you feel able to share your feelings with them, they can be really helpful. You may also find this Q&A on conquering fear useful. Hope it helps! =)