Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Black Nail Varnish

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Black nail varnish seems to be very popular just now, which is the best stuff to buy?
I've bought Boots 17 and its rubbish, come off hours after I've put it on and Barry M stuff but needs loads of coats, is there a better one?
I looked on ebay and there is an OPI one and Jessica, are they worth the money?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ive got a stargazer one. If i want to wear it i use a base and top coat.
  • Options
    I've got some from Claire's Accessories which is really good :yes:
  • Options
    I use the Barry M one and find it fine. I usually put 2 coats on, or just apply it quite heavily.
  • Options
    L'Oreal Bijou is the best nail polish ever. Its the only one that actually stays for longer than a day on me. Though according to the website their black has glitter in it, I don't know if that would be the ultimate of evil for ya.
  • Options
    I wear Chanel Black Satin when I'm not at college, it's highly pigmented and very shiny. It's gorgeous and hardly chips at all. The OPI one which I've tried, is very very nice too.

If you're wanting that professional, polished, shiny look then buy the best one you can afford. Cheap black nail polish will only look cheap at the end of the day. The more expensive ones tend to have a much higher shine and a much stronger pigment to them. They also last a lot longer and are more chip resistant.
  • Options
    nails inc polishes are great, i think their black is called london nights....bout £10 a bottle. Make sure you use a base coat with black though!
  • Options
    The barry M one is good but I find it takes ages and ages to dry, I loked for the Nails Inc one and its £15 on their website I've looked on ebay and theres one, the OPI seems the cheapest option just now!
    Thanks
  • Options
    When I went to Reading my mate brought some black Chanel stuff as our fingers would have gotten bogging, ha. Anyways this was handling tents/pills/bongs/mud etc over 3 days and it was a cunt to get off.

Think it's like £16 but worth it. :thumb: