Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what is it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok,i shaved my bickini line the other day,and it went itchy and i got a rash.now one of the spots has turned into a lump.its sore and itchy,and i have no idea what it is.
i had what u may call a sexual encounter on the day before i got this spot,any one know wot it cud be??and how i can get rid of it!!

please help!im worried!
cheers guys
xxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you've got an ingrown hair, I don't think there are any painless ways to get rid of it but if I get them I usually just use tweezers and a pin. What happens is the hair is just cut off at the skin and grows backwards into the hair follicle. If you get them a lot from shaving, you might want to try waxing instead (i get them all the time if i shave my bikini line, but never when I wax). If you're going to insist on shaving though, to avoid it happening again make sure the hair is soft, by leaving the soap or shaving foam in there for a while before you shave it; make sure it is trimmed short before you start; and make sure you exfoliate the area before you use the foam stuff.

Have you ever confused a dream with life?
  • Options
    cheers freya,so do i just need to pull it out??
    ouch!
    thanx again!im glad thats all that it is!
    if i left it,wot would happen?

oh yeah,and how do u exfoliate,soz if that sounds thick!!

[This message has been edited by scaredycat! (edited 03-06-2001).]
  • Options
    Doesn't make you sound thick, i've just read far more than my fair share of glossy women's magazines! I think if you just pluck that hair out it will clear up in a few days, you might want to put a gentle antiseptic on it (well, germoline or something as long as it's not too close to anything) to avoid any infection.

And exfoliating is like using a body wash type thing with little bits in, like seeds or something. It should open up the pores and clean them out and then when you shave it means there's no dirt or anything to get trapped. I think anyway.
  • Options
    cheers darlin!i'll give it a go!i aint lookin forward to the plucking thing tho!
    OUCH!!!

thanx again babe
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx