Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Things to do in or around Dorset

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me and the boy are off to Dorset this weekend, staying in Sherborne. Last time we went down we visited Monkey World on the way- but we're at a bit of a loss as to what to do this weekend. Any ideas? We don't mind a bit of travelling at all if its worth it! Thanks :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    durdle door is beautiful
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm not sure where Sherborne is in relation to some of the places, but some of my favourite things to do it Dorset are visit Lulworth Cove, go for walks in Moors Valley or visit Bournemouth/Poole.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    durdle door is beautiful

:yes:
  • Options
    Moors Valley looks great and I'll have a google of Durdle Door. Cheers guys :)
  • Options
    My dad grew up in lulworth cove.

I've no idea where any of these are in relation to where your staying but - there is a sea world in weymouth plus a model village (well they are both at overcombe but almost weymouth) - plus a lovely georgian center of town and a pier.

There is Go APE which is kind of between the new forest and bournmouth - its brilliant lots of high wires and zip thingys all above the trees. ETA its at Moors Valley and it excellent - you can also hire bikes there and stuff I can't reccomend moors valley highly enough its brilliant!

browsea island which is in pool - you go for a day trip on a boat and stuff and there are lots of animals and birds to sea - but in a they are there to see them rather than in a birdwatching kind of a way.

You can go fossil hunting on the Jurassic coast on chesil beach as well.

Hum there must be more stuff but I can't think of it at the moment - which is a bit crap as i used to go there all the time - though i've not been since my grandparents moved abou 12 years ago....
  • Options
    These are the top 10 attractions in Dorset :)
  • Options
    Thanks, pinkangel! We've already done monkey world and sherborne castle, but the sea life centre looks like it's worth a look. Thanks chick :)