Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what car?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its about time for a change after many years motoring out of my trusty car at the moment, i suddenly realised its done 92000 miles. gonna look for a new one, looking at spending no more than £6k if possible (willing to stretch for the right motor), must be less than 4 years old.

what can anyone recommend? i'd like a brand spanker but i doubt theres owt decent i can afford.

so far i'm thinking about a Ford Focus or a Honda Civic...

also, want 4 doors, prefer hatchback.

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    anyone driven a Citreon C2? local garage is doing £1500 minimum trade in on cars, would work out at £4495 for a brand new one, seems fairly reasonable price....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    koe_182 wrote: »
    also, want 4 doors, prefer hatchback.

4 door = Saloon
    3 & 5 door = hatchback

:D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Get a Lexus GS450h.

If you can find the remaining 32000 pounds.
  • Options
    anyone driven a Citreon C2? local garage is doing £1500 minimum trade in on cars, would work out at £4495 for a brand new one, seems fairly reasonable price....

2 doors only
  • Options
    Bugatti Veyron. I think they were in your budget anyway...
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    4 door = Saloon
    3 & 5 door = hatchback

:D

Saloon, thats cute.

How about a Corola. They are cute and little. And decent priced too. I want one. Just got the consumer reports for cars, the 02 is bad in the paint/trim section, fyi. I"m not really help, I just wanted to say cute.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote: »
    Bugatti Veyron. I think they were in your budget anyway...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm This one might be.
  • Options

It'll be worth that as soon as you drive it off the forecourt though. I don't see the point of buying new cars.

I guess other than the ones you've mentioned, for that size you're looking at Corolla, Golf, Astra, Seat Leon, Rover 25 (or MG ZR for something sportier), Megane, Peugeot 307, Almera, Mazda 3, Citreon C4.

But I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, or what you'll be using it for, so for something a bit different, but still a similar size, a Saab 9-3, Audi A3, Alfa 147, Suzuki Swift (brilliant car according to Top Gear).

Or for something sensible and practical, an Audi A2, Mercedes A Class, Honda Jazz, Mitsubushi Colt (the newer model), Vauxhall Meriva, Renault Modus, Peugeot 1007, Hyundai Getz, Ford Fusion, Fiat Idea, Toyota Yaris Verso, Daewoo Matiz.

Or if you care about the environment or are planning on working in London any time soon, the first generation of Toyota Prius' are in your price range if you don't mind that they're all automatic.
  • Options
    Ford Fusion, .

Don't get that.
  • Options
    Ford Fusion:lol:

You can get a nice Audi A4 for that money, the MK2 model as well, you know it makes sense.

Otherwise I would be going down the line of something like a VW Passat.

Maybe a beemer?
  • Options
    Ford Fusion:lol:
    I was just listing cars to look at. I figured he wanted something in a mid-sized hatchback rather than a saloon.

ETA: Is a Fusion not just a fiesta with more rear legroom and luggage space? Don't see the problem with suggesting it tbh, since everyone always suggests a Fiesta.
  • Options
    Honda accord, Mondeo ghia x.
  • Options
    Don't get that.
    Sisters instructing car for her learner drivers is a fussion and believe me, its a bloody lovely car, Turbo Deasil aswell, really nippy, I was suprised when I first drove it.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Sisters instructing car for her learner drivers is a fussion and believe me, its a bloody lovely car, Turbo Deasil aswell, really nippy, I was suprised when I first drove it.

But why would You buy it over a fiesta.
  • Options
    But why would You buy it over a fiesta.

Because it's the same car with more space for passengers and luggage.
  • Options
    Because it's the same car with more space for passengers and luggage.

I would'nt by either, they are two of the ugliest cars on the market.