Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cannabis granny

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I don't agree with the law regarding Cannabis being illegal anyway.

But for fucks sake, leave the poor woman alone. She's not harming anyone, she's not selling it.
  • Options
    Nope.

The law is a complete fucking mess. If this women keeps smoking canabis (and she has said she will) then she will be given a custodial sentence.

We have space in our prisons to put pot smoking grannies, but we aint got room to keep peados and murders behind bars.

It just seems a complete overeaction. The time and money spend on this case could have been put to better use. :yes:

Just let her get on and live her life, she is smoking canabis in her own home and harming nobody. Surely we have bigger problems to deal with??:D

That my two cents worth :thumb:
  • Options
    I love the title of this thread...sounds like a Bob Marley song or something :D
  • Options
    I remeber seeing that granny along with some other pot smoking grannies on Sky around Christmas time.

Cant remeber exactly when it was on as i was stoned at the time :)
    was a good programme though, and really made me think what is the point of prosecuting these people :confused:

:thumb:
  • Options
    I'm convinced that a lot of laws exist purely to give the police the right to search someone or enter their property, and make their job easier. Call me cynical.
  • Options
    I'm convinced that a lot of laws exist purely to give the police the right to search someone or enter their property, and make their job easier. Call me cynical.

That does raise the point...who was the utter cunt who "tipped off" the police?! :o
  • Options
    firstly, it shouldnt be illegal imo.

but, given that it is, and that she admited that she intended to supply, there's no way a judge or jury could let her get off free unfortunately.
  • Options
    carlito wrote: »
    That does raise the point...who was the utter cunt who "tipped off" the police?! :o

she was smoking in openly on sky one:yes: no need for a tip off
  • Options
    carlito wrote: »

I don't think she was especially discreet about it tbh.
  • Options
    Yeah you're right for this conviction, but for the first one the article says:

"She was in breach of a six-month suspended jail sentence for the 2005 conviction when police, acting on a tip-off, found the plants in a walk-in wardrobe at her home."
  • Options
    I think the Granny should be allowed to smoke in peace at home...its a disgrace how the law gets caught up in stupid pointless cases like this....when they should be dealing with more important things..
  • Options
    the other issue it raises is that there are pain relieving properties from cannabis that could be utilised if it weren't illegal. There probably are stdies on how to make meds from it, but until then many people with things like ms I think, have found relief that only cannabis could provide. criminal?
  • Options
    How can you call it a criminal act when u are smoking it in your own home to relive pain or depression?...you cant
  • Options
    It's an absolute fucking joke.

Clearly the judge thought so too- Forrester is a judge who loves to send people to prison.
  • Options
    It's completely retarded.

If someone chooses to do something in the privacy of their own home and it doesn't infringe on the well-being of other people, that person should be left the fuck alone and not be hassled for it. If she wants to smoke a few joints in her own house then who the fuck does this government think it is to tell her otherwise?
  • Options
    Sad joke.
  • Options
    What a joke....waste of tax payers money pushing that back n forth through the courts.

Why couldn't the local coppers turned a blind eye. I doubt there are numerous complaints from neighbours.

Another couple of ticks on the arrest figures sheet.

Joke.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Nope.

The law is a complete fucking mess. If this women keeps smoking canabis (and she has said she will) then she will be given a custodial sentence.

We have space in our prisons to put pot smoking grannies, but we aint got room to keep peados and murders behind bars.

It just seems a complete overeaction. The time and money spend on this case could have been put to better use. :yes:

Just let her get on and live her life, she is smoking canabis in her own home and harming nobody. Surely we have bigger problems to deal with??:D

That my two cents worth :thumb:
    hear hear. That's my view on it. I saw her on This Morning and thought, how pathetic of the courts to even care. This country has far more important and dangerous criminals to worry about.
  • Options
    Be careful, soon she'll be cooking Crack and supplying all the local Crack dealers. Then she'll be pimping off prostitutes and smuggling in weapons and illegal immigrants.

Ghetto Granny is in da house!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Be careful, soon she'll be cooking Crack and supplying all the local Crack dealers. Then she'll be pimping off prostitutes and smuggling in weapons and illegal immigrants.

Ghetto Granny is in da house!

:lol: I can just picture her pimping off ho's! :D