Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In training

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anybody else out there training for an event?

I did a 5km run/jog last year, which was a big achievement for me, plus I raised money for cancer in the process. This year I am doing the Playtex MoonWalk - a walking marathon around London. At night. In bras!!

I've been out walking for the past two weekends and I've really enjoyed it. The weather looks a little grotty at the moment though and I have other things that I really need to be doing and so I'm not so keen today on walking 10 miles.

The reason for starting this thread is that if other people are in training for something too then we could all inspire each other. When we're having a good day and we're really motivated, we can get on here and urge others on. When we're not, then we can come on here and hopefully someone else will be able to inspire us.

I love training for events. I have no motivation otherwise. I love the fact that I'm getting fit and helping people at the same time. It's definitely a selfISH good deed but it's still a good deed.

So some on people, share your daily training with us all.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi!

Yeah i'm training at the moment to do the Race For Life, a 5k run for Cancer Research.

Only started running this week but am liking it so far!