Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Falling for your fuck buddy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That's the time to knock it on the head, isn't it? :(

Just a bit sad because it's not often I click with someone so well, I'm kind of ackward that way and it's a shame he doesn't want a relationship. Seeing him in work is going to be hard, I keep getting jealous every time I see him talking to the female staff lol even if it's to tell them to clean out the loos.

Sadness.

Like I said, I'm just a bit depressed. I miss him when he's not around and knowing it's still only the sex he wants is disappointing. I dont know, to make some kind of purpose to this thread I'd appreciate anyone's input or experiences..

Comments

• Options
    Baaaad idea...definitely the time to get out!! The last bloke I was seeing was technically a fuck buddy I suppose...but always sort of kidded myself it was more...it kills you!! And you end up always feeling like they owe you something (whereas they're oblivious to how you feel and technically owe you nothing to be fair, cos they're only a fuck buddy)....so used to get mad if he didn't get in touch on a regular basis...definitely more hassle then it's worth if you want one thing & he wants another!!! :mad:
  • Options
    aaah! totally, like he woke me up with a cheeky msg the other day and I took a nasty head and rang him and shouted abuse at him, completely went mad at him just because I was too hungover to understand it was a joke. Anyway sent an apologetic msg and as yet have heard fuck all from him.

Kills me because I'm sitting here fretting and I know he's probably off getting pissed somewhere. Le sigh. I do feel I'm owed a reply, but really...I'm not.
  • Options
    Weelll....quick and easy solution...find someone new and start shagging him!!! Should get the first bloke out of your head pretty quickly...:)

And if, as a nice surprise bonus, your first fuck buddy should get a bit jealous that you're shagging someone else, you'll at least know where you stand a bit more....and if hes' not bothered, doesn't matter....you've already moved on! :)
  • Options
    number one reason why fuck buddys are a bad idea for most people.

Hope you sort something out. Are you going to tell him how you feel?
  • Options
    Are you going to tell him how you feel?
    That could be a good idea, as he probably doesnt realise..
    might be good to get it out, and then move on
  • Options
    I want to tell him...but from other posts, it seems that he only tells me he "likes me too much" when he's drunk but he has admitted he'd be annoyed if I pulled another guy. If I'm on my period, he'll still want me to come up. Yet he would over emphasise he doesn't want a relationship.

This is why I'm confused, and guys, I'm really sorry all my posts these days have been about him but I need some unbias advice.

I want to tell him how I feel but if he turns round and says, "well...I'm not interested..." I'll be fairly crushed, to be honest.
  • Options
    It sounds to me like he knows how good he's got it- ie he can spend all the time with you he likes, have lots of sex but still be justified in reminding you all the time that it is just sex. Presumably the problem with you kissing other people doesn't apply to him kissing other people...
    Maybe you should tell him that you don't want a fuck buddy anymore, that you'd prefer seeing/dating someone and that since he doesn't want that, you'd be better off as friends. And then see if maybe he changes his tune...?

Mila
  • Options
    Well I fell for mine and handily he fell for me too, so that worked out very well for both of us.

It did take a mis sent text (aimed at a mate of mine, about him; was sent to him) to get round to the conversation that sorted it out though.
  • Options
    Yea, before we slept together he made the effort to try to get to know me, went through work records and got my number, set up a bebo account etc, now it's like he knows I'll answer the booty calls and he doesn't have to make the effort anymore.

He knows better than to be snogging girls in front of me. Whether he does it behind my back, I honestly don't know. I doubt it, but the mutual feeling of us pulling other people was generally "I'd be pissed off if you did this".

I will possibly give him the, "listen, I like you too much for this to be just physical" and if he's not interested then I'll just have to deal with it.

But still, he'll probably say no. :(
  • Options
    well then at least youll know.
  • Options
    Attempted again to get in touch with him to apologise for the hungover shouting down the phone thing. There's been no reply, again. He can hold a grudge, but I can't keep trying to apologise so I can explain why I took his msg so bad.

Bah.
  • Options
    Leave him to huff about it, fart about with your mates and then try again in a few days. If he's still in a big fat mood then he doesn't seem mature enough to accept your apology or take up your time, really.
  • Options
    I have been in love with my fuck buddy for over a year now. I have tried to see other people but they just weren't him.
    I told him a few months ago how I feel but he said he didn't want a gf. He's never really had one.
    We still had sex (I swore we wouldn't) but it's kinda paid off.
    Recently we have been getting closer. Then Sunday he came round and gave me a massive heart to heart, told me he's scared of commitment as his parents had a really bad split. He says he's sorry for being a cunt to me, he loves me and he wants me to move in with him!
    I have said it's too soon but I feel the same and let's see what happens.
    We're meeting up soon for a drink - he doesn't seem as keen again now or maybe it's me being paranoid, I don't know. I feel really happy but really scared too.
    All his mates say he's mad about me but he's just scared of being hurt.
    I've waited this long so I'll wait some more. I like a challenge and if he was easy to trap then I wouldn't be interested. I won't wait forever though and one day there will be an ultinatum.
    Have you told him how you feel or you keeping it to yourself?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I have been in love with my fuck buddy for over a year now. I have tried to see other people but they just weren't him.
    I told him a few months ago how I feel but he said he didn't want a gf. He's never really had one.
    We still had sex (I swore we wouldn't) but it's kinda paid off.
    Recently we have been getting closer. Then Sunday he came round and gave me a massive heart to heart, told me he's scared of commitment as his parents had a really bad split. He says he's sorry for being a cunt to me, he loves me and he wants me to move in with him!
    I have said it's too soon but I feel the same and let's see what happens.
    We're meeting up soon for a drink - he doesn't seem as keen again now or maybe it's me being paranoid, I don't know. I feel really happy but really scared too.
    All his mates say he's mad about me but he's just scared of being hurt.
    I've waited this long so I'll wait some more. I like a challenge and if he was easy to trap then I wouldn't be interested. I won't wait forever though and one day there will be an ultinatum.

Awww I love stories like that :D

And don't worry about him not seeming as keen. He's probably just feeling a bit vulnerable because he asked you to move in with him and you said its too soon. Just keep doing what you're doing!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »

The me trying to get in touch with him last night was my attempt at trying to explain why I took his jokey msg so bad. He basically woke me up with a text sayign, "I hear in work you like me. I don't like you" and it went from there really. When I rang him he said he was messing about, but I felt humiliated because he was correct, of course.

I wanted to ring him and tell him, "I took it badly because...in effect you're right, I do like you and if you don't want a gf then we can't keep sleeping together"

Got a reply this morning to my "awake?" text last night.

"no."

:yeees:
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    Got a reply this morning to my "awake?" text last night.

"no."

So funny (sorry...not your situation...but you know what I mean!)....this is rxactly how it started going with mine...right before it all went wrong and it even fell apart as fuck buddies......to be honest, looks like he's making it pretty clear he doesn't want you for anything else....think you'll make it a lot easier for yourself if you just cut & run now!! Wish I had have done that sooner myself.....
  • Options
    My mates in the same boat shes pretty hung up on her fuck buddy dont know why hes not all that she could find a way nicer lad
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it's always a danger with fuck buddies that you could start to get feelings for them. Last year, after splitting up with my girlfriend, I slept a few times with a girl I knew. She stopped the arrangement after a few times, saying "I think I might have feelings for you". I'm glad she did stop it, because it would have completely destroyed our friendship otherwise.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Awww I love stories like that :D

And don't worry about him not seeming as keen. He's probably just feeling a bit vulnerable because he asked you to move in with him and you said its too soon. Just keep doing what you're doing!
    Thanks babe!
    He just text me about an hour ago to see how I am and if he can come over tomorrow. Can't believe it, my head's in the clouds!
    Gona keep my col though and not go all out yet :D:heart::love:
  • Options
    Exactly why I refuse to have a fuck buddy relationship with anyone. Someone will get hurt (probably me)

You've tried to patch things up with him Halloween, sounds like its time to walk away.
  • Options
    Wouldnt have a fuck buddy for getting close would hurt too much in the end. But it seems to have worked out nicely. Nice one...
  • Options
    That's the time to knock it on the head, isn't it? :(

I feel for mine and he fell for me at the same time but none of us had the balls to say it... when he admited it, i did too and I believe was one of the best decisions ive had in quite a while (its been over a year..:love: )

we found out that weve feel for each other when he was in brazil and I was in romania, one whole ocean apart :blush:
  • Options
    Arent fuck buddies just bad ideas in general?

I mean the one off is good or when you know you aint going to see them all the time. The longer fuck buddies go on for, the more feelings get into it. Call me old fashioned but you have to put some feeling into it to make it good dont you?

I ve not really understand this craze cos i ve never done it, i mean i suppose its good when you are feeling horny and need to get it out of your system but i just dont think my head could deal with it. Especially if "my" fuck buddy started to fuck others!
  • Options
    Quick Update

Saw him in work last night for the first time and I was doing the silly cow "Ill not bother speaking to you then, arsehole" when he pulled me aside and told me to wind my neck in.

He said "while you work here, nothing can happen between us"

Which means, that he has been thinking about the arrangement surely? He left early because he was sick or something but for him to pull me aside and speak first took effort on his behalf.

*filled with renewed hope*
  • Options
    I done exactly the same thing 'fall for my fuck buddy'. We've just ended things after a year and i too work with the guy and it does kill me. We still good mates tho and i'd rather have him as a mate than nothing at all tbh

sauce xx
  • Options
    Quick Update

Saw him in work last night for the first time and I was doing the silly cow "Ill not bother speaking to you then, arsehole" when he pulled me aside and told me to wind my neck in.

He said "while you work here, nothing can happen between us"

Which means, that he has been thinking about the arrangement surely? He left early because he was sick or something but for him to pull me aside and speak first took effort on his behalf.

*filled with renewed hope*

Yeeessss....but listen to WHAT he said...not just that he said something!! He was actually making the effort to say that nothing could happen between you...but you've translated that into "he might be thinking about something going on with us!!"

Sorry....but maybe take him on face value for a bit....if something happens between you, then great!! But don't be disappointed if it doesn't, because he has sort of warned you that it won't.
  • Options
    HI everyone

Well I've just started up with my fuck buddy...and i work with him on the same team.
    we've been texting for months and obviously theres that electricity between us at work...I'm just scared!!!!
    I really really want to, I dont want a relationship but theres something at the back of my head filling me with doubt.
    I'm staying at his tomorrow night for the first time and I feel so nervous. We have spoken on the phone for hours tonight talking and he says theres no pressure to do anything, that I can go over and he'll cuddle me all through the night. I'm just nervous.

What am I getting myself into!!!!

I just cant seem to stop myself!!!

:confused:
  • Options
    Perhaps a new thread would have been better, because seeing as you haven't slept with him yet...you're not actually "fuck buddies"

Anyway you may not want a relationship but the purpose of a FB is to fuck, not to make love, or cuddle. You shouldn't be going over there to "see if something happens" you should be going over there to get your end away. If you're unsure about how you feel about him don't start anything is my advice.

Because when feelings develop it's shit.
  • Options
    help

i totally understand you, i m falling in love with my fuck buddy too! and i know that because i want to see him , to talk to him , to go out with him and he haven't been in a relatioship for 3 years! (he's 21 now) he told me that no one knows who he really is , and he never let himself fall in love with someone , even his friends and his family don't know him ! and i m falling in love with THAT guy ?! i m so fucked up :( although he's tender when we are together , i know he's scared that i m gonna fall for him and he's gonna hurt me eventually.i want to be more for him but i can't and i have to forget about it :(:(:banghead:
  • Options
    It's normally a better idea to start a new thread rather than bring one up from a long time ago. It makes sure you get the right advice.

I'm going to close this thread up now.
This discussion has been closed.