Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Orange Wednesdays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am hoping to go to the cinema tomorrow using an Orange Wednesday ticket. I have not got Orange but my Mum has. Can I get away with just sending the text to my phone or do they check?

Comments

• Options
    I think they just ask to see the text, Would it look the same if your mum sent it? They might ask to see the number though...
  • Options
    get your mum to forward the message to you. shouldnt be a problem, so long as you move the text a bit so they cant see the "from" bit :)
  • Options
    I got some tickets on orange wednesday with a text my sister had sent me - they didn't ask any questions - however admittedly I was waiting for her to turn up at the time.
  • Options
    why dont you borrow your mums phone? :)
  • Options
    I've got my sister to send me her code sometimes as well. It shouldn't make a difference because the code can only be used once anyway so its not like you are cheating anyone out of anything.

In my local cinema they just ask you to read the code to them and don't even look at the message itself.

Enjoy the film!
  • Options
    you can get a similar half price deal from Lastminute.com for Monday to Thursday
  • Options
    i have forwarded messages from my bfs mums phone to mine before, they are only interested in the code, so i dont think it really matters.
  • Options
    I don't have orange either but love orange wednesdays as the cinema is so expensive otherwise! I just get my sister to forward me the message from her phone, never had any problems!
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    why dont you borrow your mums phone? :)

How uncomfortable would it be if she then read a naughty text message from her Dad on her Mums phone. :yuck: Mind you serve them right for snooping. :yes:
  • Options
    I've sent messages from my dads phone to mine for Orange Wednesdays loadddsss of times. Not an issue.

Just don't do what my cousin did, showed them the text on her phone with a great big Tmobile logo across the top of the screen :lol: