Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do i dooooo?

Eek. I was just randomly googling people i know (as you do), and i've come across a few personal ads asking for nice young attractive ladies for god knows what, that it looks like has been put up my mates bloke (pic, email address, sounds like something he'd say). Its dated 2/3 weeks ago.

What do i do?! Do i just ignore it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep! I know it's your mate, but their problem really....and how do you explain to your mate that you were googling her boyf anyway??

And she might not believe you anyway, could cause arguments & probs between the two of you....definitely best to leave it, I reckon....
  • Options
    Lol good point. Why was i googling him :chin:

Hmm what happens though if he cheats on her, and she finds out and i'll have had an inkling all along. Damn my nosiness.
  • Options
    True...not good for conscience....but the fact that he's gone out of his way to find 'nice girls' online means he's obviously got a tendency to be a bit of a cheating bastard anyway.....so it might happen with or without you intervening. Is there some way you could just hint to her that you've got a 'feeling' about him, and you don't think he can be trusted??
  • Options
    Email her anonymously, just set up a random address at gmail.com and send her the link.
  • Options
    yeah, that would let her know alright. if she doesn't dismiss it as spam. but it'll give her a mindfuck trying to figure out who knew. and obviously it'll be one of her mates that knows her bloke so she'd probably start trying to figure out who it was.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Eek. I was just randomly googling people i know (as you do), and i've come across a few personal ads asking for nice young attractive ladies for god knows what, that it looks like has been put up my mates bloke (pic, email address, sounds like something he'd say). Its dated 2/3 weeks ago.

You mean that the idiot used his own name? :eek:

Why not have her around and suggest that you do exactly what you did yourself. That way she can find out by "accident" that her bouf is a no good lying cheating, and extremely stupid, arse.
  • Options
    I've Googled people before basically to see what it'll say. Apparently only one person with the same first and last name shares the same name and the sites are all in Polish. I can also tell you that the school really should stop posting articles using students' full names on their site.

I'd just come clean. You probably Googled more than one of your friends and I'd want to know if someone found something like that. I might also hate the messenger for a few days though.
  • Options
    Judging from other posts...all I have to say is SHAG HIM!
  • Options
    Maybe you could put it to her from a "somebody is framing your boyfriend" point of view, as she might get more offended if she thinks that you think he's a cheating bastard. That way if she has a few doubts, she can confront him, and if she thinks everything is peachy, she can mention it to him, and hopefully it'll scare him into behaving himself.
  • Options
    Lol good point. Why was i googling him :chin:

Hmm what happens though if he cheats on her, and she finds out and i'll have had an inkling all along. Damn my nosiness.

Unless you are the one who is going to answer the ad and do the cheating with him, i dont think you should worry too much. It is their relationship and best to stay out of it... if you're not the one doing the cheating with him ;)
  • Options
    If my friend found something similar posted from my boyfriend on the internet, i hope that i would get told.

If i found it about another friends boyfriends, if or how i told them would depend on who they are. If it was a good friend that i tend to look out for, and really care about, i would have no problem telling that person, and i would show them the ad. if it was less of a friend, i would probably do what someone else said and tell them anonymously.
  • Options
    Am I alone in thinking that if you tell her, she might think that you're just saying it to split them up?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that if you tell her, she might think that you're just saying it to split them up?

No, i had that thought too.
  • Options
    DO NOT TELL HER YOU GOOGLED HIM. That will make you look like a loser / creepy stalker.

Email her anonymously, have his name in the subject line so she doesn't delete it as spam.

When she does a witch-hunt suspecting which friend it was just act like you have no knowledge, say you were out of the house when the email was sent etc.
  • Options
    why not invite her round and mention that u saw in a mag that 43% of women google the names of potential dates

then say summat like "i know...why dont we google such and such a body"

do a few then hint to google her fella

i do think you should tell her though, wouldnt you want to know if it was the other way around? i know i would
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    why not invite her round and mention that u saw in a mag that 43% of women google the names of potential dates

then say summat like "i know...why dont we google such and such a body"

do a few then hint to google her fella
    LOL
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »
    LOL

I was thinking the same... What a cunning plan lol.
  • Options
    I think you should tell her. I would: Have her round for a cup of tea and tell her you want to show her something. Confess you are a wierdo and spent time googling her boyfriend's name and then show her what you found. Then you can talk about it together- ie, whether he is cheating or not, whether it's some sort of joke being played on him and so on.

Like someone else said, if it was me and my boyfriend, I'd want to be told about it.
  • Options

You know - I'm just liking watching you "squirm" for a change ;):D :thumb: :yippe: :chin: :hyper: :lol:
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    You know - I'm just liking watching you "squirm" for a change ;):D :thumb: :yippe: :chin: :hyper: :lol:

Oi leave me alone :p
  • Options
    Oi leave me alone :p

:heart:;)
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    :heart:;)

:sour: :p
  • Options