Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I over reacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Lol er he was grounded? How old are you both?
  • Options
  • Options
    im 16, hes 17, dont really see how age in particularly relevant though

It does actually. For a start i'd be slightly worried if he was 25 and being grounded.

If it's just you in your head thinking your not good enough thats making you think that theres something weird going on then i think your overreacting. If hes done anything else that you haven't mentioned than maybe not.
  • Options
  • Options
    I dont think you're overreacting..sounds like he's the one who did..
    Not sure what you can do though..
    He's not really being fair..i mean he's chosen to see his ex over seeing you. id probs try not to contact him until he contacts you..He may just be really worried bout is friend/ex, and until he finds out whats wrong he may just get more annoyed even though he probs wont mean to.
    Saying that, if it was really me i would probs start texting like mad and end up getting stupidly upset which never gets me anywhere...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Now i always worry im not the right kinda girl for him, and she has much more in common with him, and now im really worried.

So, am i over reacting?

I'm not sure that you shoud worry about not being the the right kinda girl for him, but going by your post I might turn it round and say perhaps he's not the right kind of guy for you as it sounds like he is a little immature in the way he is approaching the relationship - unless I've completely misunderstood.

It's completely natural for someone to want to see their boyfriend if they hadn't been able to see them the weekend before and although there's absolutely nothing wrong with him meeting with this other girl if they're good friends - did he not suggest meeting up a bit later with you? If he hasn't then I'm not surprised you're a little worried. If he did then I don't think you have anything to worry about particularly and you might choose to dis-regard everything else from here... :)

It would be unfair for me to say for sure whether he is right for you or not, as obviously I know very little about you or your relationship with him, but if what has happened is reflective of what he's like most of the time then perhaps he just isn't up for a proper relationship when perhaps you are looking for someone with different priorities. This doesn't mean you're not the kinda girl he's looking for - just that he's not quite ready for a proper relationship.

Overall, it sounds like it would be a good idea to talk to him about how you're feeling as only he can provide the real answers.

Take care ;)
  • Options
    How long have you been with this guy for? I think that's a little off, especially if you haven't been with him for very long. Why can't he just talk to this girl on the phone?

I think you need to talk to him to set things straight. Trust is huge part of a relationship. Once it gets broken, it's pretty much the hardest thing to mend.