Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heritage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What heritage are you? I'm English and believe a bit Scottish.

Comments

• Options
    Quater French-Candian, Quater Irish desent, part french, rest is english afaik.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I class myself as Scottish but my mother is Maltese.
  • Options
    I'm a quater Irish, the rest of me is English although I do have a tiny bit of German blood in me.
  • Options
    Fuck knows. How would i find out?
  • Options
    English as far as i know, but we've never really done the family tree. I'm sure there's irish and scottish in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Three quarters English & one quarter Maltese.
  • Options
    Irish/Scottish.

Aaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
  • Options
    All Scottish.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Three quarters English & one quarter Maltese.

Ooooh, it's not often I 'meet' another malteser (ho ho ho :| ) anywhere!
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Fuck knows. How would i find out?

Where are your parents/grandparents from?

I'm mainly English with a hint of Scottish/Irish and a bit of Polish. But I wouldn't mind having one of those proper DNA tests doing. Did anyone see that programme where they were testing people, and this bloke who claimed that you could never claim to be properly British unless you were purely white only turned out to be about 50% white? He soon changed his tune. Another rich snobby woman then threatened to sue the programme makers and the people who did the test because they claimed that she may have decended from middle eastern gypsies that settled in south Europe, or something like that.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Greek, with a chance my great-great-grandmother might have been Turkish.
  • Options
    My dads side of the family has resided in the states pre civil war times. My moms not too long after that I believe. Though her side is all Irish, as is most of my dads, as is our name. But theres a bunch of little things mixed in, a bit czech, german maybe and a couple other things that I can't quite remember. Mostly from my dads moms side. But in a general sense, our family just considers us of Irish hertiage.
  • Options
    Parents families are from Lincolnshire and have been from there for ever.

Im sure if i went back far enough I might get something slightly more intresting lol.
  • Options
    Where are your parents/grandparents from?

Er dunno.

Think theres some irish and french in there somewhere. A big chunk of my tree is missing though so fuck knows.
  • Options
    I think in my family (dad's side anyway) there's some Canadian/Amiercan as well.
  • Options
    English, a little German possibly, and a little Scottish
  • Options
    Half English (afaik), quarter Irish from my dad's side (his mum was Irish) and a quarter Scottish from my mum's (her mum was Scottish). Probably a lot of other stuff mixed in as well.
  • Options
    One of the gobby kids at school walked past me today. Normally, she doesn't say anything (it ain't cool to talk to a teacher, or something) but she just shouted out to me 'I'm a quarter Scottish, Miss' and carried on walking by.

It amused me so :lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    Both of my parents are english, and as far as i'm aware both of their sets of parents are too. I think any further back than granparents and it ceases to become relevant in your nationality.
  • Options
    Think there's some Irish ancestry somwhere on my mum's side of the family... On my dad's side... my Nanna is half Scottish, half Portugese. The Scotts came from Aberdeen and Edinburgh... Would really like to find out where the Portugese were from, but the name is too common to trace. :(
  • Options
    Irish for many a generation. Do have some Welsh/Scottish blood way down the line though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My aunties done the old family tree thing back a couple of hundred years and it's all English.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My Mum and Grandad are in the middle of doing our family tree at the moment and it turns out that I'm mostly English and Scottish. My great Grandad was from somewhere exotic that I can't remember the name of.
  • Options
    English, my mums dad was Welsh so I dunno if that makes me a tad Welsh, a lot of my family came from Ireland I think and me nan as a Jewish surname so I dunno what fook I got in me.
  • Options
    I'm 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Welsh (1/2 celt, woo hoo!! :) ) and 1/2 English (boring....!!)
  • Options
    I see myself as welsh, but my fathers welsh, and my mother northern irish
  • Options
    from what i know i'm welsh, scottish (was named after my grandmother, cameron, and my last name is roy, and my parents always fly our family flag in front of our house), german, italian and turkish. i live in the midwest and i've always wondered about my british side. i used to wonder about my german side but i spent a month there last year, although i ended up with nothing for finding family from there i still feel i got more in tune with my german-ness. haha.
  • Options
    100% Chilean, though judging from both sides' surnames I have Spanish, French and Portuguese heritage.