Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blocked ears!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ah!..ive had the flu all week and when i woke up this morning my ears where blocked up...ive tried holding my nose and blowing and i got sudafed...anyone know any other tricks to pop your ears?:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    ah!..ive had the flu all week and when i woke up this morning my ears where blocked up...ive tried holding my nose and blowing and i got sudafed...anyone know any other tricks to pop your ears?:banghead:

DO NOT DO THAT

If you have flu and hold your nose and blow you risk blow back bacteria into the ear cavities, I did that in the year 2000 and had ear infections ever since in the left ear that comes back twice a year, the ear, nose and throat are all connected.
  • Options
    Sudafed should work...
    Maybe go to the docs if it doesn't clear cos it might be infected.

I once heard nose-spray can help unbloke your ears, but I don't know if it's true or not. (Spraying the nose, not using it in the ear just to clarify).
  • Options
    the sudafed did the trick after a while...thanks anyway people!
  • Options
    Hey,

My ears get blocked up pretty much every time I get a cold :yeees:

Doctor told me to use Beconase (sp) and to steam my face to help loosen my ears up! The steaming really helps to unblock them.
  • Options
    yea or else the doctor will give ya tablets to clear ur ears. its mucus in the throat causing your guartir gland to stick to your neck ek :)
  • Options
    I went to the doc last year due to hearing loss, from the aftermath of a cold. I thought it was going to be wax, as I wear hearing aids. Lo and behold, it was inflammation. All sorted once I was prescribed drops.