Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

something awful's happened

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend has gone and got a huge tattoo on his fore-arm, and it looks awful! :crying: I don't know why, but I feel really bad for him. I think he's kinda regretting getting it and he's only had it for a couple of days!!

Argh. You know that feeling inside where you just kinda cring :(

I know I'm probably over-reacting but I just feel really bad. I should have probably lied through my teeth and told him it's great to make him feel good about it, but I'm really bad at hiding my emotions and it was obvious I was devasted. Argh, I feel really crap, just wanted to let it out.

As long as he loves it, that's the point right? I'm probably being stupidly selfish but just needed a rant!

Comments

• Options
    Ahh my mate got both his ears pierced today and got these huge studs and he looks like a right tool! Does make me cringe .. but as long as he feels like the "daddy" thats fine by me .. :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well yes, getting a tatoo that looks bad and/or regretting it is a bad thing. But I wouldn't call it "awful". When I read the title, I thought you'd say something like "My parents have been impaled by steel pipes" or "a cop shot and killed my best friend by mistake, trying to shoot the one who stole her purse".
    It's like that PM I got some time ago, by someone that I talk to almost every day. Titled "bad news". I thought that if it was so urgent she couldn't wait until I log in msn to tell me, she must have been in a car crash or something. And it was about the OC ending.

Rant over. Now you'll say that I overreacted. :p
  • Options
    Well yes, getting a tatoo that looks bad and/or regretting it is a bad thing. But I wouldn't call it "awful". When I read the title, I thought you'd say something like "My parents have been impaled by steel pipes" or "a cop shot and killed my best friend by mistake, trying to shoot the one who stole her purse".
    It's like that PM I got some time ago, by someone that I talk to almost every day. Titled "bad news". I thought that if it was so urgent she couldn't wait until I log in msn to tell me, she must have been in a car crash or something. And it was about the OC ending.

Rant over. Now you'll say that I overreacted. :p

You overreacted :p

But to be fair your right, i did think as well that it was something far worse. Ah well *shrugs*
  • Options
    Yea I know I exaggerated maybe a little on the title. And you're right, it could be a hell of a lot worse. I just feel bad. He does such stupid things sometimes :(
  • Options
    Stupid is as stupid does.
  • Options
    Just laugh at him and call him a stupid cunt. No doubt thats what everyone else will do if its that bad.
    Went to magaluf a couple of years back and my mate got a tattoo in gothic writing down his forearm of a nickname he hasnt been called since he was about 7. His dad picked us up from the airport on the way back, his dads first words to us.. "lets see it then *sigh*" (mate shows him his arm) "you twat!" - Had the rest of us in stitches! :lol:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Just laugh at him and call him a stupid cunt. No doubt thats what everyone else will do if its that bad.

I can't do that, because I feel sorry for him rather than want to laugh at him. It's just got me wound up. Argh, why of why!
  • Options
    What's the tattoo of?
  • Options
    The symbol of a band that his mates are in, on his fore-arm, pretty big
  • Options
    I want to see a piccy :p:D
  • Options
    At least its only a symbol, and he didn't get "cunt" or something like that done.
  • Options
    Lasers can work wonders these days ;).
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Lasers can work wonders these days ;).

Haha, yea maybe I should get him very drunk and persuade him to laser it off.

Lea, I haven't got a piccie I'm afraid, and I don't really want to describe it in detail as you never know someone who knows him may be reading this thinking hmm :chin: lol