Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i Pod Nano

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just ordered myself a lovely new i Pod Nano after my Mini fucked up before Christmas. Anyway, I hear that the new i Pod's don't come with i Tunes anymore and that you have to download it. As I already have i Tunes on my computer, will this do, or will I have to download the latest version?

Comments

• Options
    What version have you got?

You don't have to download the latest one for it to work, but I would advice you have at least version 6... 7 being the latest.
  • Options
    I don't have a clue which version it is lol, how do I check?
  • Options
    Umm... I dont remember with iTunes and I'm at work so I aint got it...

but I would assume like with most things, on the menu's at the top, click "Help" then click "About" Should tell you in there
  • Options
    Yep, it's version 4. lol.
    Where can I download the update? What difference does it actually make?
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yep, it's version 4. lol.
    Where can I download the update? What difference does it actually make?

Alot just goolge Itunes and your get there download link.

The interface has changed alot since then - nothing shocking just abit easyer to use
  • Options
    It should be on the Apple website?
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Download it from here. You don't need to put your email address (unless you really want spam).
  • Options
    Ok my Nano came through the post today and yeah apparantly I do need the latest version of i Tunes.
    Problem is, my internet connection is 56k at the moment and will be for the next couple of months. So I tried downloading it anyway, about 2 hours later I was about 75% finished and my fucking internet cuts out as it does every 2 hours on a modem. WHAT A PISS TAKE! So I tried again, same thing happened. Not only have I wasted about 4 hours of my day waiting for it but what the hell am I supposed to do?
  • Options
    Do any of your friends have iTunes 7 on CD-Rom?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Do any of your friends have iTunes 7 on CD-Rom?

I don't think so, my dad has i Tunes on his computer at work though, could he burn it onto CD and then I could install it from that? Or is there some sort of copywrite thing.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Downloading it on to another PC (school, work, friends) and then bringing is to your own via cd/usb drive and installing it should be ok.
  • Options
    I managed to do it. I found out that if I cancelled the download just before the internet disconnects rather than just letting it disconnect whilst it's still downloading, when I reconnect and download it again, it carries on from where I cancelled it. :D
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I managed to do it. I found out that if I cancelled the download just before the internet disconnects rather than just letting it disconnect whilst it's still downloading, when I reconnect and download it again, it carries on from where I cancelled it. :D

:lol:
    You need broadband fella
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    :lol:
    You need broadband fella

Lol fucking tell me about it, should be back in a few months... :yeees: