Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A better favicon please :-)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, thesite favicon is so uninspired. Could have a purple glow with an S in it. Not like a heavy criticism, just thinking out loud. Bet icey or franki or one of the other photoshop people (sorry forgot names) will knock one up in no time :)
tsfav.png

Comments

• Options
    That isn't the site one, it's the Vbulletin one :p
  • Options
    I bet JimV with his haxxing skills can improve it though! http://forums.hexus.net - Powered by vBulletin has the 'X' icon you see a bit to the left :)

eta: why are you up so late anyway :eek2:
  • Options
    We've asked people to come up with better on a few occassions - but no one ever has - I'm sure we'll have something in the cupboard for a winning design
  • Options
    some quick and dirty ones I made earlier...

edit: they're actually crappy looking, so don't use them :)
  • Options
    It's this one I like a lot - but any improvements or other suggestions welcome
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    It's this one I like a lot - but any improvements or other suggestions welcome

:yes: Not bad.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    tsfav.png
    What is that row of icons on your firefox?
  • Options
    I got my crayons out :D
  • Options
    Hopw come it appears on the address box and on top of the page, but not on my bookmarks toolbar? :confused:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Hopw come it appears on the address box and on top of the page, but not on my bookmarks toolbar? :confused:
    I think that's a bug in firefox, it happens often to me. Or one site may have the icon of another.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

The new one?

I'm glad someone can see it - caching with favicon appears to be an absolute nightmare
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    The new one?

I'm glad someone can see it - caching with favicon appears to be an absolute nightmare
    You mean you changed it? It appeared for me once, but one reload later and it was the same as before.
  • Options
    yep it's a fucking nightmare - if you find out how to sort your cache out to get it to appear let us know
  • Options
    and it does seem better on Firefox if people want to see the icon
  • Options
    What is that row of icons on your firefox?

They're links, I just got rid of the text, customised it a bit and dragged them next to the file / edit menus, but a space in and a line so it doens't merge, and just drag things up there. :) Good for all my favourite sites without hoggging everything.

eta:

cleared my cache and it shows fine :) but a double refresh didn't initially work