Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Impossible to uninstall!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got BearShare Lite on my laptop, and it's caused me nothing but chaos since day one, and about an hour ago I gave up and went to uninstall it....

I can't find how to uninstall it ANYWHERE. There's no icon in the Start menu, it's not under Add and Remove programs, if you go into the Program files there doesn't seem to be a uninstall option there either!

Please don't tell me I'm stuck with this bloody thing :crying:

Comments

• Options
    You could always format.. lol
  • Options
    My entire hard drive? No thank you :lol:, I got annoyed enough when I clicked the wrong thing last night and formatted my iPod.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Try using CCleaner. There's an option in there (in the tools section) to uninstall. If that doesn't work, then delete all of its program files and use CCleaner to clean the registry (with the issues option).
  • Options
    Saeed M wrote: »
    Try using CCleaner. There's an option in there (in the tools section) to uninstall. If that doesn't work, then delete all of its program files and use CCleaner to clean the registry (with the issues option).

You star :love: . I think it's actually gone! Took a bit of fighting with it though - I swear it tried reinstalling itself! Time will tell.

Cheers :thumb: