Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've got rubbish nails, tried various things, do tablets for healthy skin/nails/hair work?
I'm at the last resort!!

Comments

• Options
    Yogurt. (Or any other high in calcium thing too I should imagine) Any time I go on a yogurt binge my nails are absoutly amazing. And they usually are shit, weak and peal when I don't.

I could also reccomend a dozen and a half sally hansen products :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Yogurt. (Or any other high in calcium thing too I should imagine) Any time I go on a yogurt binge my nails are absoutly amazing. And they usually are shit, weak and peal when I don't.

I could also reccomend a dozen and a half sally hansen products :p

tried sally hansen stuff don't work for me :(
    think i'll go and buy yoghurts eat 2 a day lol
  • Options
    Do you have alot of calcium on a regular basis?
  • Options
    my nails used to be terrible all flaky and split so i started taking a multivitimin and mineral (with zinc and copper and all kinds of stuff in) within a couple of weeks my nails were lots better, now i just take them now and again and all seems well! :)
  • Options
    I heard that the gelatin in jelly was good for nails ...
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I heard that the gelatin in jelly was good for nails ...

Yeah... my mum and sister used to eat a cube of Jelly a day for that...
  • Options
    Skin, Hair and Nails formula from Holland and Barrett...I really can't tell if they do anything or not, but mentally they make me feel better.
  • Options
    Perfectil. It's a well known fact that it actually works. I take it regularly and swear by it. It's also the favourite amongst the celebrity and beauty worlds.

You should also get yourself a bottle of 'Nail Envy' by OPI. It's rather expensive at around £14 a bottle, but it's a miracle formula. My mum who has psoriasis and therefore thin and flaky nails, actually has long gorgeous strong nails now, after using Nail Envy for a few weeks...