Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mainly for the mums

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend has just had a baby and although i will be buying something for the baby, i would also like to buy her a little something.
Any ideas?
Seems like a long time ago i had a newborn, so can't think what i would have loved lol.

Comments

• Options
    Afraid I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say that I think it's a really lovely idea
  • Options
    Thanks, well mums tend to get forgotten when theres a baby around even though they did the hard work so i thought it might make her smile.
  • Options
    Maybe it could just be something really simple. When I was a few months old, my grandparents would look after me every Friday night so my mum and dad could have some alone time. Maybe you could get some card, decorate it and put, "This voucher entitles you to an afternoon of alone time while I babysit" or "Tweety will be taking you out for some coffee and cake whenever you feel ready"

Do you think that's the sort of thing she'd like, or do you want to actually buy her a gift? That's the part I'm really stumped on!
  • Options
    She already knows i will baby sit for her, so i would like to buy just a simple gift for her aswell.
    I remember someone buying me some new mum smellies. Maybe something like that hmm. Will have a think whilst i am at work this afternoon lol
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    When my friend had her babba, we gave her a big box of Thorntons chocolates. They were well appreciated :D
  • Options
    If you're looking at smellies, I would SO recommend Body Shops body butters :)
  • Options
    This is totally not on the point but my cousin had a little baby girl 7.59am yesterday woooo!

I am going shopping for baby things tomorrow in my lunch hour. Fucking ace!
  • Options
    I think it would be really nice to make her a hamper with some little "pick me up" essentials in it such as smellies and chocolates, candles etc, and I really like go_ahead's idea of the hand made voucher, even though she already knows that you will babysit, I still think she would love it! There are some nice gifts on this website for new mums! Otherwise Lush and Body Shop always have lovely gifts!
  • Options
    Food is good. She's probably far too busy being a mum to find time to cook herself anything really tasty and nutritious when she most needs it. Maybe you could go 'round and cook her a meal, or go with the hamper idea but with some homemade treats and maybe some things that could be frozen and kept for a later date. Or something like that.

Maybe since the weather's still so crap you could get make/buy a nice snuggly hat, scarf gloves set for when she takes the babba out. Everyone and their dog will be buying the baby bonnets and mittens and no one will think of her cold hands I'm sure ;)

I'm sure anything you get her will be greatly appreciated, though.
  • Options
    Smellies - nice ones from Lush or bodyshop,
    go round and do her washing up or cleaning for her or pay for a cleaner for the first week or two.
    chocolates

something like that.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I will have a look around tommorow morning as i might be going to see them tommorow.:hyper:
  • Options
    I did see this thread Tweety but I can't remember anything except all I wanted in the world was for someone to take the baby so I could sleep.

It's still pretty much the thing I most want to do actually. I think I'm chronically sleep deprived.
  • Options
    Aaw i'm not surprised you are tired, you got quite a few, i get tired with one lol.
  • Options
    I don't think an average of 5 hours broken sleep a night is good for you in the long run.
  • Options
    I got Mrs Ninja a voucher for our local hairdesser/nail bar place. She got away for a couple of hours and came back with a new hairdo and lovely manicured nails. Hands and feet. And because she couldn't reach her own feet in the last weeks she was well chuffed they had been tidied up.

My Mum bought her a voucher for the relaxation centre place which gives waxes and massages and the like. That was much appreciated also as she got a nice back and neck rub.

:)
  • Options
    oooh id love to have massage voucher, that would be a good one. A proper massage where you can lie on your tummy and everything - Bliss.

Nail bar sounds like a good idea too. I actually had a luxury pedicure the other day, it was lovely. A little treat to myself, cos its a bit hard to look after your own feet when you cant bend at the waist.
    Was a lovely treat.
    Little things like that sound really nice, and its not too long to be away from baby, even if youre breastfeeding hopefully.