Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

swollen glands but feel ok

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
two days ago i felt a swollen gland at the back of my head which has been quite sore and today i discover another one behind my ear on otherside but in general i feel ok, well apart from tiredness. any ideas. i worry when my glands swell but i feel ok. had cold few weeks back but i doubt my glands would swell now. got a few spots round my hair line and on neck which is not that common for me could it be this? also diabetic.

Comments

• Options
    It could be glandular fever. My mate's just gone off sick from college with it... she was permanently tired...
  • Options
    As you well know if you're diabetic you should get things checked sooner than the rest of us and keep a close eye on your sugar levels. It may be that your body is fighting some bug and just about managing, hence the tiredness and the swollen glands. If it doesn't clear then see your doctor.
  • Options
    went to see doc this morning. he checked throat ad ears and said they were ok. said it was a good sign they had been sore and were quite firm. said he would be more concered if they were painless and rubbery as that could be a sign of lymphoma and there would be other symptoms. he wants to see me back in 3 or 4 weeks just to check on them but as i had a cold a few weeks back it could just be that.