Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Constantly tired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, For the past week or so I've been feeling pretty ill all the time.

I'm really tired, even after plenty of sleep. I feel light headed constantly, have headaches and feel sick sometimes.

I tend to feel better after i've eaten but then I start to feel rough and nackered again.

Also, it might not be connected, but my mouth tastes really strange and so does any food or drink that I have!

Anyone felt like this before?

Ta!

Comments

• Options
    Hey browny, have you seen a doctor yet about this? I think it'll be a good idea if you haven't already.

Just wondering what the taste in your mouth is like? Is it sour, or metallic etc?
  • Options
    Is there any chance you could be pregnant?
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Hey browny, have you seen a doctor yet about this? I think it'll be a good idea if you haven't already.

Just wondering what the taste in your mouth is like? Is it sour, or metallic etc?

No I haven't yet, i'm going to try and get an appoitment tomorrow though!
    It's hard to describe, but it's more sour than metallic tasting.
    Is there any chance you could be pregnant?

I'm on the Pill so it's pretty unlikely, and I blummin hope not! :no:
  • Options
    Hope you get it sorted out :)

I was actually going to ask if you thought you might be pregnant too. Sometimes a change in the taste in the mouth can be a symptom, and since you have mentioned tiredness, lightheadedness, feeling sick etc, it did cross my mind. Of course, it might not be this. I recently had a nasty flu virus and it has knocked me for six, I'm still very tired even after a few hours.

Whatever it is, I hope you're feeling back to your normal self soon!
  • Options
    I went through this a few weeks ago. No idea what it was. I'd sleep like a rock for 9 hours every night and wake up feeling like i'd had none. I was just exhausted, luckily i seem to be back to normal now. Could just be a run down period? Have you been working hard lately?
  • Options
    browny wrote: »
    No I haven't yet, i'm going to try and get an appoitment tomorrow though!
    It's hard to describe, but it's more sour than metallic tasting.

I'm on the Pill so it's pretty unlikely, and I blummin hope not! :no:

Might be worth checking, if theres any chance you might have missed one, or been ill or anything that might reduce its effectiveness, as the symptoms youve said, are common pregnancy symptoms.
    I hope its not that obviously, but just thought id mention it, cos its better to find out sooner than later.
  • Options
    could be a deficiency of magnesium. Rather likely if your nutrition is not balanced enough. See a doctor for it tho.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Could just be a run down period? Have you been working hard lately?

Could be! I've been working every week day as usual.
    Might be worth checking, if theres any chance you might have missed one, or been ill or anything that might reduce its effectiveness, as the symptoms youve said, are common pregnancy symptoms.
    I hope its not that obviously, but just thought id mention it, cos its better to find out sooner than later.

I've only been taking the pill for 3 weeks (on my break now) and i've been pretty scrict with it. I take it at the same time every day, never missed one.

I'm thinking I might be aneamic (sp), i've just done just searching on the net! I seem to have a lot of the symptoms for that too lol.
  • Options
    It's really annoying when you get fatigue like that... Just try and stick to a regular sleeping pattern and have plenty; but try not to sleep toomuch even if you feel really tired, I think it can make you feel worse sometimes if you give in and have loads of naps.

Maybe if you feel better after eating you should have a few snacks throughout the day to try and keep your energy going?

I hope you feel better soon and sort out what's causing it.
  • Options
    I suffer these kind of symptoms periodically - once very seriously and was off work for 2 months.

I know this is going to sound barking mad, but when you're sleeping 16+ hours a day, its a good idea to go to the doctors and ask for some sleeping pills!

I can't fully explain this, except to say that (in my case) the fatigue is somehow related to the quality of the sleep I was getting. Its like I'm not sleeping deeply enough to properly re-energise myself, thus I'm tired after minimal exertions and dropping off again within a couple of hours of waking up.

The pills helped me get a quality 8/9 hours sleep on a night, which in turn aided the rejuvenation process. I always found the day after a pill really great, then I'd gradually get run down over the next few days so I'd have another one. Gradually the no of days between pills got larger and larger.

Thats my experience anyway - hope it made sense!
  • Options
    I was gonna suggest anemia. I have it and my doctor kept misdiagnosing well anyway since ive been taking iron tables i feel better. not 100% but better all the same. When you see your doctor tell them what you think. Hope it gets sorted out for you x
  • Options
    Just because you get lots of sleep doesn't mean it'll make you feel less tired when you wake up, I know from experience.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Just because you get lots of sleep doesn't mean it'll make you feel less tired when you wake up, I know from experience.

I found this earlier. Slept from 10-3am then fell asleep again until 6. I found that I was very tired earlier this afternoon but found that when I didn't get as much sleep, I'm less tired and much more awake.
  • Options
    Well I went to the doctors and they seemed to think it was a virus that was taking a while to shift.

But I'm having my blood tested tomorrow so I'll know for sure if i'm aneamic (sp) or not!

Thanks for all the replies. :)
  • Options
    Viruses suck, hope you're feeling better soon