Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rebound?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been accused of being in a rebound relationship, is their anyway of knowing if you are in one while you are in it?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I would think the person would be, Distant and brief, Not overly interested in anything about you, or what you say, Random urges to do out of the ordinary stuff.
  • Options
    Well have you very recently broken up with somebody?
    Is the person you're with now someone you persued or are they someone who liked you and you just went along with it?
    Do you really really like this person or do you just find them to be good to pass the time and take your mind off other things?

I think the answers to those questions would help determine if it's a rebound relationship....
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Well have you very recently broken up with somebody?
    Is the person you're with now someone you persued or are they someone who liked you and you just went along with it?
    Do you really really like this person or do you just find them to be good to pass the time and take your mind off other things?

I think the answers to those questions would help determine if it's a rebound relationship....

:yes: this article sums up a rebound very well too.
  • Options
    I've found that people can be pretty quick to condemn relationships. If they feel that the time since your last partner and this one was a bit short, they probably will brand you as being on the rebound. But you'll know yourself if you got with this person for the right reasons. If you do thin you are just with someone for the sake of being with someone, it might be time to end it for their sake. If you're happy though, go for it and tell them to stuff their opinions!