Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you get rid of Milk Sports aka Milia??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

Does anyone on here ever get those annoying little milk spots on your face particularly under the eyes or on the cheek bones, and what are they??? I had a facial a while ago and the beautician just said that some people are pron to them. I did hear that as they are called milk spots that it could be due to too much Calcium in my diet but i dont know if this is true? I know it is bad to squeeze them as they are not like spots and dont have a head. So any ideas?

Cheers xxx :)

Comments

• Options
    My tutor (makeup artist) has some and said that she pricks them with a pin, and out pops the centre (apparently!).... not sure if that's recommended though :chin:
  • Options
    My tutor (makeup artist) has some and said that she pricks them with a pin, and out pops the centre (apparently!).... not sure if that's recommended though :chin:

That's what I have done when I have my legs waxed, the lady who does them says she'll always sort out my milia for me (I have two - one on each cheek, very annoying) she uses a microlance to make the hole bigger and then gently squeezes the spot out.

Cherry, I wouldn't recommend you try to squeeze them yourself as they're a different kind of spot, do you think it's worth having them sorted out next time you see a beautician?
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    That's what I have done when I have my legs waxed, the lady who does them says she'll always sort out my milia for me (I have two - one on each cheek, very annoying) she uses a microlance to make the hole bigger and then gently squeezes the spot out.

Cherry, I wouldn't recommend you try to squeeze them yourself as they're a different kind of spot, do you think it's worth having them sorted out next time you see a beautician?

I know that now he he after i thought i was a professional beautician lol i mean how hard can it be right to use a needle and then to pop them out!! Not easy at all!!! I pretty much butchered myself and looked like crap for a week! :D

Yeah i think i will speak to a beautician about it, its just having the money, last time i went for a facial and brought a few products which were "must haves" it cost me like £85! Ouch!

Thanks everyone for responding!

Cherry xx