Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

question for the guys...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
having read the football thread just below, it got me thinking. some girls on here have said they wouldn't date a guy if he was into football.

what do guys feel about this subject, would they date a girl who was majorly into the beautiful game, i.e. played for a team, had a season ticket for a team and on top of that followed her local side home and away when her other team weren't playing?

Comments

• Options
    I think i'd love that! As long as it wasn't scum (Man U) they were following!
  • Options
    well yeah i think so...i have dated a lot of guys and they have told me that one of the reasons they liked me was because i was interested in the sport they were interested (mostly football-soccer for americans)
  • Options
    Depends HOW into football. If it was a mild interest, followed a club, maybe went to a couple of games, then perhaps. If it was full on fanaticism, then no. My older sister's first boyfriend/fiance once left her sitting outside his front door in the rain waiting for her because he was watching the football (don't even think his team (Man sodding United) were playing) and didn't want to leave.

Which was nice.

ETA: I really need to read things more carefully :o.

Point still stands though...
  • Options
    I think i'd love that! As long as it wasn't scum (Man U) they were following!

:yes: Got it in one mate
  • Options
    hmmm it owuldn't bother me as long as she didn't expect me to be a footballer like.

I mean I like football, I support it, follow it a bit but I aint a die hard fan, I dont got to saturday games or play 5 a side every weekend and I doubt I ever will be some super footie mad obessed bloke.

so as long as she didn't expect me to be a footballer then fine.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind.

As long as it wasn't consuming the relationship, I think it's healthy for each party to have their own interests and they should be respected.

My ex used to ask me whether I loved music more than her which was a horrible question which I always avoided. Now that she showed her true colours, Lady Music is taking me back with open arms :D
  • Options
    My ex used to ask me whether I loved music more than her which was a horrible question which I always avoided.

JD once said to me that he'd rather play his drums than see me :grump:.
  • Options
    Better than computer games :grump:

I used to sit on a train for 3 hours to see my ex, get a bus on my own (he didn't even meet me at the train station sometimes) then when I got there, he was like hang on, I'm on my new game. This pissed me off lots especially when his 'new computer game' got 80% of his attention each time I visited him.

Way to make a girl feel special.
  • Options
    What if it wasn't footy though. ie not something that a "bloke" can engage with so easily, maybe Lacrosse or Hockey.
  • Options
    :|

At least JD never played his drums when I was there (unless I was on his computer, or in the shower).

And Rich just plays my games with me when I play them :p.

I admit though, I have discovered just how addicted I am to the Internet from how much time I STILL spend on here and on LJ when he's here :o.
  • Options
    Yes. You were lucky.

I was just outrightly ignored. I got more attention off his dog when I was at his house than I did him. I used to sit in his living room WITH HIS PARENTS chatting to them because he was too busy upstairs playing his computer games. Even his Mum used to make comments. The only time he really gave me attention was when he wanted sex. Still, I should have seen it sooner.
  • Options
    I'd like it. It would give us something major in common which would help. Of course, this wouldn't be the case if it was bury, Notts County or Boston they supported :D

Seriously though, I'd love it.
  • Options
    no chance. it'd be very likely they wouldnt have even a slightest interest in me, or me in them for that matter.
  • Options
    having read the football thread just below, it got me thinking. some girls on here have said they wouldn't date a guy if he was into football.

what do guys feel about this subject, would they date a girl who was majorly into the beautiful game, i.e. played for a team, had a season ticket for a team and on top of that followed her local side home and away when her other team weren't playing?

I am not that much of a football nerd, just watch the occasional game. Can't really be patriotic about since Austria is so awfully bad and nobody knows why. We got decent players, but after the 1980s we just had zero success. Egh.

for the girl, well I'd love it. and not only football. I like every girl with a strong passion or interest for something. That shows that she can bring up dedication for something, probably too for job/career/studying/our relationship.

I see only the posotive in that.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    What if it wasn't footy though. ie not something that a "bloke" can engage with so easily, maybe Lacrosse or Hockey.
    Would like that also. I'm personally a very big sports fan though so I like more sports. A lad I used to knock about with a bit, his bird plays hockey and it was great fun going with lads to watch her play, indoors and outdoors, some of them girls are evil with a stick in their hand!!
  • Options
    No guy's ever given a shit that I like footy.
  • Options
    It personally wouldn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    This would be a good thing.

It’d just be like heaven if she supported my team, so I could act out my sick fantasy of making love to a girl who was wearing the 83 Cup Winners Cup top :heart: