Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What style of clothes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im 18,very short but a lil bit chubby. not tooo much but a lil bit of a belly on me. I was fine with it until the other day when sum1 commented on my weight :banghead: , Now im just wondering what sort of clothes i should wear to suit my short height but hide my belly. Im going on holiday to Majorca soon so id be grateful if you could help me pick out some styles off the internet? Thanx every1

Comments

• Options
    How chubby is chubby sort of thing? And by very short are we talking 4'11 or 5'1 or what :p
  • Options
    Hiya there.
    It's very difficult really to "pick" a style for you. It is about what you are comfy in, what you do in your average day, where you are going, costs etc.
    Also needs to be based on height, skin tone, size of your boobs, bits of your body you are concious about and loads of other things.
    You are best taking a mate along shopping with a complete fresh mind and try on things you would never normally look twice at. See what you think. Be open about what you try on and slowly start buying different clothes and putting together a new wardrobe.

Don't forget to accessorize!
  • Options
    and a wrap to go around you if you don't want to flash all in your bikini, or even a light dress to throw over the top that can get wet.
  • Options
    thankx

thanks. relise i didnt giv u much info. well im '5'2 short' and 12-14 size which i know isnt big but im just conscious of my belly in some clothes. Skin tone is quite pale but i usually use tan n il b nice n tanned on my holiday. Thanx 4 the advice so far x
  • Options
    Like Violette said, I think there's alot of good clothes around at the moment if you want to hide a bit of a belly. Lots of long tunic type tops and loads of flowy ones which you can wear with a belt or whatever.
    I'm a size 8 and have the problem where alot of them drown me and I look silly! If you're going on holiday you could take a few short skirts and flowy tops?
  • Options
    There's loads of great cover-ups on the topshop website to wear over a bikini on holiday, or as a dress on it's own. Bam :thumb:

I plan to get lots for my holiday, although with what money I don't know.