Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

depression and relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, after feeling really low for quite a while I eventually went to the doctor's and sorted out some counselling. The fact that I've taken steps towards feeling better is comforting but I feel there's still a problem with my relationship. Obviously, it's not going to be unaffected, but i thought that after 2 years it wouldn't be too bad. I just don't have any enthusiasm to do anything, or playfight, and i have no tolerance at all.The other day he was tickling me and I nearly started crying because I couldn't bear it, I didn't have any energy to move or the botherness to respond. And he was only doing it to make me smile, bless him. I'm so scared of losing this relationship by being distant but I can't help myself, I just want to be happy, goddammit!
The problem is that i'm worried what effect me being like this will have on my boyfriend. He believes in just 'getting on with it' and really doesn't understand why i'm behaving like this, especially for 'no reason'.
And the more he doesn't understand me, the worse I feel. At one sign of me not smiling he says "please don't be moody" in an attempt to cheer me up but that makes me feel worse! It's because i feel it's a little bit more than a mood, and i can't just snap out of it.

Hopefully counselling will help, I was wondering if anyone else had been in the same situation with a boyfriend/girlfriend and if theres any advice? And how helpful is counselling? I can't make my boyfriend understand but it's going to be difficult to sort myself out and keep him happy at the same time.I love him so much it hurts that I can't enjoy myself around the one person who used to cheer me up all the time.

:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    ffs i replied in your health thread
  • Options
    ...i know, and thanks, i just didn't know where to put it, as i said