Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How sensitive is your pill?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was 9 hours late on one pill yesterday. I took the one today at regular time but I still got all broken. It is a new brand this month, and my old one, even at the end of the pill pack it took about a day and a half from when you took your last pill to come on. How ridecelous is this? And it has given me cramps too. I havn't had cramps in a long time. What is better for cramps, acetaminophen or ibuprofen. I never know the difference.

Is your pill that sensitive and crap? I am no not impressed so far. After my free samples are gone I think I might change again. :grump:

Comments

• Options
    i do.tn get why it's ridiculous?

my old pill always took a couple of days for me to come on after i took the last one, i counted it as a blessing as it meant a shorter bleed! :)

and what do you mean you got broken?

an i dont get what you mean by "is your pill sensitive?"

i find ibuprofen to help my cramps when i get them
  • Options
    I'm thinking you meant that you came on after only being 9 hours late with one pill.

That doesn't sound right to me at all and no mine is nothing like that sensitive. Takes about 5 days from me finishing the packet to coming on.
  • Options
    Well, it is ridecelous because I was only a bit late on one single pill and I started a period.

I got broken, meaning I started to bleed from my uterous. Its my pet name for it :flirt:

Sensitive pill as in it has caused some vaginal bleeding after only being a little late on one single pill (but now I'm a repeter :p)

And thanks for the ibuprofen suggestion. I shall use that one.
  • Options
    Ibuprofen or paracetamol, not aspirin.
  • Options
    What drug is in what you call pharmacutical?
  • Options
    Pharmaceutical is anything related to drugs/medication.

Did you mean paracetamol? That's got paracetamol in it, often under the brand name of Panadol.
  • Options
    Damn! I've never really read the word properly and I always thought you guys were writing pharmaceutical. Thats some crazy new information. I just thought it was a generic name you called all fever reducers/otc pain killers. Alot of stuff in health will make much more sense now knowing that. Though I've never heard of paracetamol. I'll examine the drug isle next time.
  • Options
    Ha Ha. Heard of Panadol?

It sounds to me like this new pill doesn't really suit you so I'd think about getting it changed.
  • Options
    I bleed if I take my Mini Pill any later than four hours later than I should!
  • Options
    i get ya now, i thought u meant u were due for a bleed and came on!

sorry my mistake x
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    i get ya now, i thought u meant u were due for a bleed and came on!

sorry my mistake x

I could see the confusion then :p
  • Options
    Oh, my mom suggested it might be me getting used to it because its new. Bet she's sorry for picking up thta phone call. Anybody ever had anything like that?
  • Options
    yeah, some of my friends phone me with way too much information ;) I get them back for it though.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Oh, my mom suggested it might be me getting used to it because its new. Bet she's sorry for picking up thta phone call. Anybody ever had anything like that?

Not happened to me but one of my mates started a new pill and she had funny irregular bleeding, the nurse just said stick with it for as long as you can and it should settle down. It is about the change in hormones and how your body is adjusting to it. If it isn't and is really bugging you go back to the doctors or wherever you got the pill from.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »

Yes, I think the first few months are a bit different to the rest of the time.

I don't think you have "paracetamol" in the USA.

I'd go with Ibuprofen but I'd not heard of that other one you mentioned.
  • Options
    paracetamol = acetaminophen