Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The university bug

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
Camilla's been having a rant about the fact that even though she loves her fruit and veggies, since moving to uni her immune system has taken a real battering.

I'm not entirely convinced that it's nothing to do with the 'occaisional pint', but hey ho!

The university bug

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's nice to blame everyone else.
  • Options
    Uni is pretty gross though.
  • Options
    girls urinating in the bin and kitchen sink after a night out is just one example of the filth I'm subjected to

Unless someone has an infection, urine is sterile ;)
    I'm not entirely convinced that it's nothing to do with the 'occaisional pint', but hey ho!

Reminds me of a friend of mine who went to a holistic practitioner regarding his 'sinus problem' not knowing when or how it came about, despite snorting the equivalent of a small country's GDP of cocaine.
  • Options
    good ol' freshers flu!

down to the combination of excessive alcohol to weaken the imune system, and then combined with lots of people who go home for the holidays and catch various things and bring them back to one concentrated space.
  • Options
    Yeah, everyone elses fault completely. Nothing to do with drinking too much and not getting enough sleep and your own immune system not being able to handle different germs.
  • Options
    I thought the "Freshers' 'Flu" was all about the number of different germ cultures that converge after the hols.

In my case, I think having my girlfriend's cold is probably my own fault. But she lives in halls so I'll blame her hallmates. Genius!
  • Options
    that's exactly what is is piccolo :yes:
  • Options
    I had the flu in the first term of uni too (December 1998). Apart from my 'annual' migraine, I was fine for the rest of the course plus a few years extra. The next time I was properly ill was April 2005 with the tummy bug.
  • Options
    i get freshers flu every year i put it down to all the new germs coming in from all over the country and everyone going out drinking and gernerally geting a bit worn down and vulnreble to bugs. had tonsilitis 4 times so far this year (uni year not since january) though which is getting a bit annoying im really bored of not being able to talk painlessly!
  • Options
    I only had fresher's flu in the first year :D

It was horrible though :(