Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumped on valentines...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this is officially my worst valentines ever :crying: My fiance of 3 years dumped me today. He says he can't handle my agoraphobia and anxiety problems anymore, but I've been doing much better recently, I've moved up a tier at the mental health hospital I go to and have started walking there twice a week.
The thing is I know we've not been good recently and it has crossed my mind to break up with him. But I gues I've been trying to hold onto him so I wouldn't have to be on my own. I've only got 3 friends where I live as all my other 'so called' friends didn't want to know me after my breakdown. So I'm going to be on my own most of the time and that terrifies me.
Also on a more practical level, how am I going to get my shopping?

Sorry about the rant, just feeling really scared and vulnerable :(

Comments

• Options
    Oh wow that really sucks :( sorry to hear that.
    If its any consellation i got dumped the other day by my gf of 3 years.
    Rally round your friends and with their support you can and will get your life back on track.
    Your relationship should not define you. (now if only i could listen to my own advice...)
  • Options
    Hello I know I can't relate to how you feel but I'm also lonely and feeling sorry for myself. If you need someone to chat to I'll be more than happy to help. (I'm not much use really but I'm ok at making people forget problems!)

With regard to your "practical" problem, can you not shop online for food, clothes and other crap you may need? I know its not ideal long term but least it'll keep you going for time being?

I do hope things with your bf get sorted. 3 years is long time, maybe he just needs some time alone. Don't lose hope in life!!
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear this. What a terrible day to end it!!

I have no advice except to keep strong, and dont let it take you deeper into your health problems.
  • Options
    Feeling a bit better about things today, my friends have been great and are coming over tonight. I've asked to increase my time at hospital so I'll be out most of the time and wont have time to dwell!
    Trying to be positive about things, and in a way its been a good thing as it's given me a push to keep fighting to get better.
    Hopefully down the line I'll meet a nice bloke who will treat me right.
    As for the shopping thing, I've ordered online, I was panicking so much about everything that I forgot you could do that lol!
  • Options
    I agree with the online thing, great idea.

Get your support system back up and running, your friends/family/people at the hospital you trust and at least you won't feel alone. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment :(