Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Damn :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have a friend of several years who I've recently made it clearish to that I liked him & wouldn't mind something more....he knocked me back saying he didn't want to ruin the friendship, blah blah....fine...think I handled it pretty well...since then, we've been in touch a little more often (mostly by email...just chatting about anything and everything).....just texted him to finish up a convo we were having by email a couple of days ago....and finished off wishing him a happy Valentine's day (nothing like..."Happy Valentine's Day you big stud.....I :heart::heart::heart: you!!!", just a small, understated, Happy Valentine's Day)......but still, think now I've gon e & made it bloomin' clear that I still have feelings for him, and I'd been doing so well to keep it all normal and not mention stuff like that.....damn!!!! Annoyed with myself....:banghead:

Heeellllppp!!! If that was you getting that text, do you think it would seem so bad?? Or am I just blowing it out of proportion??

Comments

• Options
    I think you're worrying about nothing :) It happens to be Valentines Day and I've been wishing ALL my friends a happy valentines day, male and female and I have a boyfriend. Unless you texted him a William Blake type poem I really wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    Hmmm...phew!! Thanks....sort of thought that....I mean, because *I* know I secretly mean..."I still have feelings for you!!! Hope you had a lovely day and secretly wish you were here with me!!:love: ", doesn't mean he's going to pick up on that from a quick (and very normal) "Happy Valentine's Day" at all....thought I was being a bit paranoid...you've set my mind at rest a bit there....thanks!! :thumb:
  • Options
    It's alright =) Happy Valentines day to you by the way... :p
  • Options
    Although just checked my phone & he hasn't texted back...maybe that means he doesn't think it's appropriate to even text that, and doesn't feel comfortable wishing it back (even in a friendly way)....gah!!! Getting this friendship balance thing right when I have feelings for him is really tricky....:(
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    It's alright =) Happy Valentines day to you by the way... :p

Ooo....didn't see your new post...thanks!! :D
  • Options
    You said it yourself that it was to finish of a conversation by email that you had been having. Really, don't worry at all. I wouldn't expect a reply if I was finishing a conversation. I mean, what else is there left to say at the end of a conversation? Honestly, don't worry =)
  • Options
    Yeah...spose you're right actually...OK...I'll relax about it now...sorry!! This business gets me all stressed...but you're right...it's fine...panicking for nothing...thanks!! :blush:
  • Options
    Lol it's cool. I'm exactly the same.
  • Options
    HanHan...

I don't think you did anything that would wierd him out. Even if he now thinks you still have feelings for him, there's nothing wrong with that. He probably knew you still had feelings for him anyway, guys know that kind of stuff doesn't go away. I don't think anything bad is going to happen from this.

Be careful if he wants to start a relationship with you, though. I was in his position a while ago (3 1/2 years, I guess) and I finally decided to start a relationship with a girl I had been good friends with for a couple of years. The whole thing got blown out of proportion and she wound up hurting me bad. We were still friends after a while but things kind of faded over a year or so and we never talk anymore. Whatever happens, keep in mind that he's your friend as well as anything else that may or may not develop, and friendship is way more important in this situation.
  • Options
    Don't be hard on yourself but I've got a best friend who's liked me for 6 years and every time he drops a hint he makes me squirm and feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Don't be hard on yourself but I've got a best friend who's liked me for 6 years and every time he drops a hint he makes me squirm and feel uncomfortable.

My best mate and I actually slept together a couple of years ago.. it doesn't get mentioned now, but every time he moans about being single and women rejecting him i get a pang of guilt.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    My best mate and I actually slept together a couple of years ago.. it doesn't get mentioned now, but every time he moans about being single and women rejecting him i get a pang of guilt.
    haha know what you mean.
    this guy hasn't even looked at another woman since he met me, he'd do anything for me and marry me in a second. I have to hide things about guys I see as I don't want to hurt him. He must have spent £50 on a bunch of flowers for me yest and wrote me the sweetest poem ever. He's a good looking guy, excellent job, very intelligent, funny but I just don't fancy him - he'll make someone a brilliant husband one day.
    I'm in the middle of trying to fix him up with my mates that fancies him. They are both great people and would make an excellent couple so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I'd personally get a little excited if I got a message like that from someone. You know, a little adrenaline rush. A slight tingle. Mmmmm.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    I think you're worrying about nothing :) It happens to be Valentines Day and I've been wishing ALL my friends a happy valentines day, male and female and I have a boyfriend. Unless you texted him a William Blake type poem I really wouldn't worry.

:yes: